• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Espeon GX

wjcargill

Aspiring Trainer
My son has been playing the TCG for a few years, both theme and his own decks. Now he is interested in truly understanding the way deck synergies work and would like to build a competitive standard deck (local league).

He still needs a few cards to fill this out but before he starts buying more cards we thought a critique would be in order. Any suggestions or advice on his list below would be appreciated.

****** Pokémon Trading Card Game Deck List ******

##Pokémon - 22

* 4 Eevee SUM 101
* 1 Miltank LOT 158
* 2 Dawn Wings Necrozma-GX PR-SM SM101
* 1 Giratina LOT 97
* 2 Inkay FLI 50
* 2 Poipole LOT 107
* 3 Espeon-GX SUM 61
* 2 Malamar FLI 51
* 1 Naganadel LOT 108
* 2 Naganadel-GX PR-SM SM125
* 2 Alolan Vulpix GRI 21

##Trainer Cards - 28

* 2 Acro Bike TK-Latias 20
* 1 Choice Helmet LOT 169
* 2 Cynthia UPR 119
* 2 Enhanced Hammer PHF 94
* 1 Hau SUM 120
* 1 Judge BKT 143
* 2 Lillie UPR 125
* 1 Moomoo Milk LOT 185
* 1 Morty LOT 212
* 4 Nest Ball SUM 123
* 1 Potion BCR 132
* 1 Professor Elm’s Lecture LOT 188
* 2 Rescue Stretcher GRI 130
* 2 Tate & Liza CES 148
* 2 Ultra Ball SUM 135
* 3 Whitney LOT 193

##Energy - 10

* 10 Psychic Energy 5

Total Cards - 60

I think that Miltank is extraneous. With that also you can remove the Moomoo Milk, and get two extra spaces up.
Giratina? I suppose it’s okay, but a bench spot could be valuable...
May I ask your reasoning behind the Naganadels? I feel like we could toss them away along with the Miltank...
Alolan Vulpix is good, but Alolan Ninetales GX is expensive. I’d suggest a huge line of Mysterious Treasure instead. (Wait, you have Energy Evolution. Never mind!)
Cynthia is pricey, but you have to have at least three. Try Hala if you use your GX attack early.
Hau is a Pokémon TCG taboo. I’ll lug Potion in with that too.
Where’s DCE (Double Colorless Energy?)

Well, here’s what I’d do.
-1 Miltank
-1 Moomoo Milk
-1 Choice Helmet
-1 Hau
-1 Potion
-2 Alolan Vulpix (if you can, get four of these and try to start with them as much as possible.)
-2 Poipole
-1 Naganadel
-1 Naganadel GX

+4 DCE
+2 Bodybuilding Dumbbells
+2 Acro Bike, for a cheaper option go with Rotom Dex Poké Finder Mode
+1 Cynthia
+1 Ultra Ball
+1 Whitney

That’s what I think. See ya!

(Oh, and welcome to PokéBeach.) :D

Back