EX Legend Maker [Official Topic]

Dj Lenz

Aspiring Trainer
From PokéBeach:

EX Legend Maker Booster Box, Theme Deck Box, and Set Description
Yet again we have been sent early information on the next new set! This information confirms, if there was any doubt, that EX Legend Maker is the Japanese Eidolon Forest set! Below you can see the booster box and theme deck images, as well as the official set description.

exlegendmaker.jpg

Set Description
What secrets does Mew hide that Pokemon Trainers have been waiting to learn? This is your chance to help players unravel the truth behind the most mysterious Pokemon of all. EX Legend Maker - it's the stuff legends are made of!

1. More powerful Pokemon-ex and legendary Pokemon to find and play.
2. A cool new collection of Stadium cards to expand game strategy.
3. Includes the new React Energy that affects each Pokemon differently!
4. Holographic box-topper card inserted in each booster display.
5. Exciting holographic parallel set for players and collectors alike!
6. Over 90 cards in all!

The two theme deck names are Groundbreaker and Shadowquake. EX Legend Maker is going to be a bit smaller than our usual sets. The original Eidolon Forest was 77 cards, plus 15 unique cards from the Banette theme deck (92 in total), so our set will probably be made only of the cards from the Japanese set, and possibly some other odds and ends. We will see the return of Rainbow Energy, improved fossil cards, and powerful EXs, such as Arcanine and Flygon. To see the spoilers of the Japanese set, simply click "Eidolon Forest" under "Japanese TCG Sets" in the left menu.

Looking from the theme decks, Groundbreaker and Shadowquake contain Golem and Gengar.

Is the official release date set for the 13th of February?

Pity that the decks probably won't come with Reaction Energy. At least they're picking good cards as deck themes again. ^^;

Did the React Energy get prinetd in the half decks or the Eidilon Forest set, because I didn't see it in the EF spoilers here?

I thought of the same thing im definetly going to get Golem and Gengar two of my favorites this is probably going to be one of the better ex expansions(imo) definetly better then emrald

The set will be fun, yet there are many worrying cards which I dont really like...

-Giant Stump. I explained that in the Giant stump thread
-Mew ex. This better only count for the EXACT energy and not the energy AMOUNT or it goes into broken-ness. Holon Mag/Trode help this out even more and it's immune to Desert Ruins.
-Magby + Eternal Flame. This will have many 1st turn wins, 50 damage with the right flip is worse than Tyrogue from Neo Discovery.

The one i'm Most worried about is Cradily. Although this gets screwed by Basic and Stage 1 decks (sort of), it absolutely RUINS stage 2 decks. Stage 2's will be almost unplayable if Cradily is played, especially with the cheap combo for getting React Energy very quickly. Not only can it choose a max of 4 evo's but it Shuffles them into your deck!!! That's ATM Rock gone broken! Then you pick off the unevolved benched pokemon with Linear Shot. Weird Cave simply get's Cradily out much faster. I really hope they change the text for Ocean Wave. It can be either really broken like the spoiler says or really crap if they change it to flip or no shuffling (which I hope they do change it).

Apart from those cards, this set will be great fun.

RE:  EX Legend Maker [Official Topic]

Abhorsen said:
The set will be fun, yet there are many worrying cards which I dont really like...

-Mew ex. This better only count for the EXACT energy and not the energy AMOUNT or it goes into broken-ness. Holon Mag/Trode help this out even more and it's immune to Desert Ruins.
-Magby + Eternal Flame. This will have many 1st turn wins, 50 damage with the right flip is worse than Tyrogue from Neo Discovery.

The one i'm Most worried about is Cradily. Although this gets screwed by Basic and Stage 1 decks (sort of), it absolutely RUINS stage 2 decks. Stage 2's will be almost unplayable if Cradily is played, especially with the cheap combo for getting React Energy very quickly. Not only can it choose a max of 4 evo's but it Shuffles them into your deck!!! That's ATM Rock gone broken! Then you pick off the unevolved benched pokemon with Linear Shot. Weird Cave simply get's Cradily out much faster. I really hope they change the text for Ocean Wave. It can be either really broken like the spoiler says or really crap if they change it to flip or no shuffling (which I hope they do change it).

I agree, those cards are going to cause some problems... -_-

They wont ruin the game but will make it more restricted instead of open, original ideas. Archtypes will be made and most will have counters to those cards, if not using them. Many people will play them otherwise they will find it difficult.

Abhorsen said:
They wont ruin the game but will make it more restricted instead of open, original ideas. Archtypes will be made and most will have counters to those cards, if not using them. Many people will play them otherwise they will find it difficult.
Now I think that's acting dumb. What's wrong with good cards coming out that will help make new archetypes? Remember EVERY deck has a weakness so you can easily tech in a counter card for that deck while still playing the deck you like that fits your playing style. (ie: If you play just to have "fun" and don't intend on winning) No card can "restrict" open deck ideas you can play whatever you want. If your not playing an archetype or a counter to an archetype you probably are probably just playing for fun so if you lose to a Mew ex deck or some archetype, WHO CARES? It's just for fun. IMO, I think this set is going to contribute so much to the metagame and change it so here will be more archetypes to choose from.

I dont think im 'acting dumb' at all. I'm expressing my personal opinion about the cards and the predicted effect they may have on the metagame. They might be great to play or verse against, we dont know since the set isnt released yet... remember, it's just a prediction.

Ancient Pokemon Trainer said:
What's wrong with good cards coming out that will help make new archetypes?

Ever heard of Neo Genesis Slowking and it's 'mis-translation'? It was the card which almost ruined the Unlimited Format. Nintendo took years to finally work out it was plain stupid and made an errata on it. There is a difference between a good card and a stupid card...

After thinking more about what I said, Mew ex wont prove TOO much of a problem, it can be countered quite easily and relies on others attacks so the user would have to use a really powerful pokemon or the opponent would for it to work well. I still dont like Magby + Eternal Flame, it's all about a luck flip to win IF there is only 1 pokemon for the opponent in play so it would rarely happen i guess.

I still feel the same way about Cradily and Giant Stump. I wont change my opinion until I see the actual Cradily card in english and not a translation. I like the proof to be honest, lol. THEN I will re-think my opinions on the cards...

Not to mention Mew's low HP. I'm sorry if it sounded like I was attacking you for your oppinion, I just don't like it how people complain about good cards coming. If anyone ever saw the amount of posts in the Blaziken ex thread on pokegym... Good god after a while I think I wanted to shoot myself even after posting my oppinion. O.O Now most people won't use Magby because it would ruin there consistancy. They would probably want to start with Jirachi or Plusle instead of having to:
Get Eternal Flame.
Start with Magby.
Have to have your opponent flip tails.
And even if they get all that your still giving your opponent the advantage in consistancy because they will probably have a bench Pokemon and you have just wwasted a turn attacking instead of Wishing Star or something to help set up. And yes I know of that Slowking but Giant Stump, Eternal Flame, and Mew arn't anything like that. EVERY card has it's weakness and instead of complaning about how good cards are you could USE them instead. I mean Mew could be a nice tech since it doesn't require any certain energy. You can use your style deck while still using good cards and don't have to throw a fit about them taking down your deck wich you like. Besides cards are only a part of a game, skill is another. So just get used to your deck and you can still overwelm those cards.

Ancient Pokemon Trainer said:
I'm sorry if it sounded like I was attacking you for your oppinion, I just don't like it how people complain about good cards coming.

I'm trying not to complain about them directly, but their effect they will have on the entire metagame. It's really nice to verse fun and original decks once in a while instead of versing the same archtypes which appear everywhere all over the world. I am always original with my decks and almost never go archtype. I play for fun, yet play competitively. The whole game is about fun isnt it?

edit: The only problem I find with Mew ex is the wording of it's poke-body. It doesnt say that the energy has to be the Exact energy to use an attack or just the same Amount of energy needed. E.g. Does Mew ex need a Fire, Electric and Water to use Lugia ex's attack or does it just need any 3 energy? If it has to be the exact type of energy to use an attack then it isnt so bad at all, but Any energy is a little worrying (like in the Lugia ex example).

Same type. Otherwise I think Yamato wouldn't have played the deck he did at the yamato marathon. Anyways the game is ment to win but have fun doing so. If you are just playing to have fun, play your best and if you are about to win scoop and let the other person get the win since your just playing for fun. =) And alot of a tournament is random decks that arn't archetypes so you will always end up playing a wider variety of decks.

Abhorsen said:

There are far much more worrisome cards in this set than that:

- Lunatone & Solrock. Goodbye, Macargo and Pidgeot. Enough said, unfortunetly.

- Cursed Shrine. This hurts, like, everything. It's a Desert Ruins for Pokemon with Poke-Powers, and that's just about every good deck gone down the drain.

This just hurts badly.

Well that's very doable.

I'm just giving an example of what is best worried about.

Dammit, I need access to the Gym. Remember that thread about awesome cards with counters that kill them, "The Flawed game of Pokemon?"? This is basically what we're saying.. hard counters. If for Lunatone and Solrock, to use [member whose name I forgot]'s example, {R} and {C} Pokemon had to discard to use their powers, people could probably live with that..

Back