Exclusive “Pokemon GO” Cards Continuing to Release in China!

Water Pokémon Master

I like Pokemon more than you! :p
Webmaster
Elite Member
Advanced Member
Zapdos from Pokemon GO will be printed with exclusive new artwork in China’s next compilation set, Shadow of the Azure Sea (碧海暗影). It will release on September 20th. More cards will likely be revealed over the next few weeks.

Zapdos-Pokemon-GO-China-145x200.png

pgo.029.zapdos-143x200.png

881e7a83527760c34acc686e59ff8d361ad77a6c-thumb-1000xauto-24917-111x200.png

1c8623467e36ee1efd5c884974d43b02a7a1d89b-thumb-1000xauto-24918-111x200.png

This will be the third set to feature Pokemon GO cards. June 18th’s Brave Stars set introduced 14 with new artwork, including Radiant Venusaur. August 2nd’s Shadow of Glory released...

Continue reading...

Last edited:
Some of these arts are pretty cool - it’s sad we will probably never get them in English 😩 I so don’t understand some of them being niantic copyrighted as they’re literally normal illustrations that don’t seem to have any “GO signifiers” and they’re also just by the normal card illustrating artists - I guess it’s money / who paid for the art but still…🤷‍♂️

I'm still waiting to see what happens to the GO trainers since they'll have to create new designs for the cards instead of just new art. It's also possible that they'll just never print them.

I did a quick check on the still missing Chinese GO cards, and there's still quite many remaining:
- All trainers
- Ariados line
- Camerupt line
- Gyarados line
- Lapras
- Articuno
- Golisopod line
- Pikachu (Gift Delivery)
- Xatu line
- Eevee & Sylveon
- Steelix line
- Tyranitar line
- Melmetal line
- Blissey line
- Ambipom line
- Unfezant line

Assuming I checked correctly the rest have either been released or have an alternate art without the Niantic copyright.

I for one think that their Zapdos art is way cooler than the one we got. It looks more of a threat. I also quite like the look of their reverse holos.

I too am moving to China it seems.

Some of these arts are pretty cool - it’s sad we will probably never get them in English 😩 I so don’t understand some of them being niantic copyrighted as they’re literally normal illustrations that don’t seem to have any “GO signifiers” and they’re also just by the normal card illustrating artists - I guess it’s money / who paid for the art but still…🤷‍♂️
Blame the Chinese Government.

If the card has the Pokemon Go logo on it, it has the Niantic copyright. Not every card in the English Pokemon Go set actually has that logo, which is why China could get some of them unchanged, like Dragonite V and Dragonite VSTAR.

Back