Expensive Boxes

Psathus

Aspiring Trainer
Hey folks, I'm still not 100% in the swing of things for the Pokemon TCG, but I want to be. One thing I'm genuinely curious about is box purchasing.

Y'see, I'm coming over from the Warcraft RPG, where booster boxes can be found at $60 a pop. My friends and I could all chip in twenty bucks and suddenly we'd have a whole arsenal of cards to use.

Now, with the advent of the Pokemon TCG as our new hobby, we've found that there really isn't anywhere to buy boxes that cheap. Is there some go-to site for the Pokemon TCG that isn't inherently obvious? A place that sells booster boxes or single for a significantly cheaper price than anywhere else?

Thanks for your time,

Psathus

Some good sellers I know of are:
-POKEMONST
-The Card Cellar

...Hope this helps!

PokemonETC has rare cards, and a bunch of boxes, packs, etc for pretty good prices.

I got my BW box there for 80.

i wanted to make this thread of like where to buy...

i couldnt find a BW box under 90 :O

i should ask this thread now...where is the best place to buy individual boosters?

if you have already a deck or two in mind will be cheaper to buy individual cards than trying your luck in booster packs. of course doing this way takes away the thrill of opening a pack and finding a super rare.

^-_- i know that....my deck is done :p i just want to get packs to open for trade bait :p

the problem is you are comparing two different box types. WOW boxes are 24 packs, 20 cards each thats ALLOT but still only 1 rare.
Pokemon boxes are 36 packs, only 10 cards but 1 rare and one reverse holo each. So 90$ for pokemon is equivalent to 60$ for WOW.
Also buying loose packs over the net is risky, you never know if someone weighed them or some other skeezy trick.
As for places to buy online both Potomac and Troll-and-toad sell boxes at good prices.

^trollandtoad is not good prices....at all...

idc....i just want boosters :p ive bought boosters before online and got primes and many other good things...

catutie said:

idc....i just want boosters :p ive bought boosters before online and got primes and many other good things...

This site may help out:

http://www.toywiz.com/pokboospac.html

I hope it helps :3

If you want fewer boosters than a box but are concerned about weighing, you could always get the 3 booster blister p acks. Sometimes you can get them for decently good prices, and you get the promo cards too.

TheCardKid is a very good site with very low prices. Most of its item are already out of stock, but it's newer items are in stock.
I can tell you not to buy at ToyWiz, because they are very very expensive.

Yakkov said:
catutie said:

This site may help out:

http://www.toywiz.com/pokboospac.html

I hope it helps :3

that is about the amount for a booster from target or walmart...the cheapest i see it on ebay at about 2.99 :D

Back