Discussion Finally Happy that we've gotten Good Reverse Holos after years!

TTV thetrackpadplayer

The Loser Who Reads
lets face it, this was needed. after years of pure mediocrity we finally have good reverse holos?? never thought the day would come. what do you guys think?

Charmaster:)

Collecting, playing, & making family memories.
I personally thought the Sword and Shield reverse holos were very nice. They put me in mind of medieval banners, a fitting thematic touch for the age of Galar, and the new holofoil pattern merely feels like a different angle of medieval themed inspiration. The fact that we have one type symbol that’s larger than the other further strengthens my impression that the Scarlet and Violet reverse holofoil pattern is the successor of the Sword and Shield reverse holofoil pattern, in the same way that the Sun and Moon reverse holofoil pattern was the successor of the XY holofoil pattern, since the Sun and Moon holofoil pattern continued to use an unbroken type symbol collage, only with a much larger symbol featured in the pattern.
It’s also interesting to note that a lot of things many Pokémon fans complain about are greatly appreciated by other Pokémon fans. For instance, the fact that the box topper for FireRed & LeafGreen was a Charmander with third generation Ken Sugimori stock artwork may have seemed lazy, but at least one Pokémon fan got excited about it because the art was the same art as that used in the official strategy guide for the video games FireRed & LeafGreen.

Last edited:

Clam

Almost decent
I personally thought the Sword and Shield reverse holos were very nice. They put me in mind of medieval banners, a fitting thematic touch for the age of Galar, and the new holofoil pattern merely feels like a different angle of medieval themed inspiration. The fact that we have one type symbol that’s larger than the other further strengthens my impression that the Scarlet and Violet reverse holofoil pattern is the successor of the Sword and Shield reverse holofoil pattern, in the same way that the Sun and Moon reverse holofoil pattern was the successor of the XY holofoil pattern, since the Sun and Moon holofoil pattern continued to use an unbroken type symbol collage, only with a much larger symbol featured in the pattern.
It’s also interesting to note that a lot of things many Pokémon fans complain about are greatly appreciated by other Pokémon fans. For instance, the fact that the box topper for FireRed & LeafGreen was a Charmander with third generation Ken Sugimori stock artwork may have seemed lazy, but at least one Pokémon fan got excited about it because the art was the same art as that used in the official strategy guide for the video games FireRed & LeafGreen.
The reverse holo pattern for Sword and Sheild doesn't really change anything about the card in terms of how pretty it was. The Sword and Shield pattern was too uniform and had no points of interest. I personally preferred the Sun and Moon holo pattern to it because at least that one was asymmetrical.