Flying to the Top — How I Got 2nd Place at Baltimore Regionals and Lugia in Stellar Crown!

PMJ

Silhouette Gloom of the Sundown Lands
Forum Head
Articles Head
Elite Member
Advanced Member
Hey PokeBeach readers! Hopefully your 2024-25 Pokemon season is off to a great start and you have been having fun with Stellar Crown. We had our first Regionals of the season in Baltimore, and I actually managed to take second place with Lugia VSTAR! I think many people were surprised at the results of the tournament, especially with Henry Chao’s Gardevoir ex deck that took me down in the finals. It just goes to show that even when a format looks “solved” there is lots of room for innovation. Not only did Henry surprise everyone with Gardevoir, but a group of Canadian players took the event by storm with a deck focusing on Noivern ex and...

Continue reading...

Playing Research over Carmine is hilarious. Drawing into all of your special energy is bad. Playing 4 Carmine regardless if you go 1st or 2nd has played out so well for me. It is extremely rare for me to whiff double Chops in discard turn 2! Congrats on your finish!

Last edited:
Playing Research over Carmine is hilarious. Drawing into all of your special energy is bad. Playing 4 Carmine regardless if you go 1st or 2nd has played out so well for me. It is extremely rare for me to whiff double Chops in discard turn 2! Congrats on your finish!
I do think if you play Carmine it makes sense to play 4 or 0. I can see how your approach can be strong. I do think drawing the 7 Vs 5 is pretty significant, especially when digging for Ultra Ball Chops

Back