Ruling Fossils

Mudkip711

Aspiring Trainer
Advanced Member
i was wondering if the omanyte and kabuto MD can evolve from mysterious fossil and omastar and kabuto PK can evolve from dome and helix fossil MD

please reply

PS: i don't think they do

thanx
so can i do this?

Helix fossil MD -> Omanyte PK -> Omastar MD

LMK

PS: the thread you gave me doesn't really help

It appears we finally got POP rulings on most of the questions regarding fossils.

1) You cannot evolve the new fossils to the old Stage 1 forms (e.g. Helix Fossil cannot evolve to Omanyte PK) or the old fossil to the new Stage 1 (e.g. Mysterious Fossil to Omanyte MD)

2) With rare candy you skip the Stage 1 and hence you can evolve Helix to Omastar PK or Mysterious Fossil to Omastar MD

3) You can evolve to any of the Stage 2 forms from any of the Stage 1 forms.

4) The status of Old Amber is still open, the general feeling is that it is not a Fossil, but given that these questions weren't answered in the first pass of information for MD, I'd say its gone back to Japan for an interpretation. Stay tuned ... Maybe we get an answer before the BR start, but I've shelved my Fossil deck until its clear.

You can check the official answers back on the Gym in the Ask the Masters Forum.

poleskitty said:
4) The status of Old Amber is still open, the general feeling is that it is not a Fossil, but given that these questions weren't answered in the first pass of information for MD, I'd say its gone back to Japan for an interpretation. Stay tuned ... Maybe we get an answer before the BR start, but I've shelved my Fossil deck until its clear.

Looks like I just needed to wait 15 minutes before posting. The official answer on Old Amber is that it is a Fossil card with respect to game set-up, but because it doesn't have Fossil in its name Relicanth can't search for it and Excavator can get neither it nor Aerodactyl MD as it doesn't evolve from a Trainer with Fossil in it's name.

At least we know the rules before the start of the BRs.

Back