• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Expanded Foul Play (Zoroark / Mew-EX)

Luctini27

Aspiring Trainer
Pokemon: 12
  • 4 Zoroark (BLWP 9)
  • 4 Zorua (LTR 89)
  • 2 Mew-EX (LTR 224)
  • 2 Lugia-EX(AOS)
Trainer/Supporter/Stadium: 28
  • 1 Computer Search
  • 2 Trainers' Mail
  • 2 Professor Juniper
  • 4 Head Ringer
  • 4 N
  • 4 Enhanced Hammer
  • 2 Ultra Ball
  • 1 Escape Rope
  • 1 Switch
  • 2 Lysandre
  • 2 Skyla
  • 2 Wally
  • 2 Teammates
  • 2 Level Ball
  • 2 VS Seeker
  • 3 Dimension Valley
  • 2 Muscle Band
Energy: 10
  • 4 Rainbow Energy
  • 4 Double Colorless Energy
  • 2 Prism Energy
Strategy:

The strategy is to set up Zoroark as the main attacker, and use its move Foul Play. For just a double colorless energy, this attack allows you to use one of the defending Pokemon's attacks. This lets you combat almost any strategy.

I also run Mew-EX in order to be able to attack on turn two even without having Wally. Mew-EX is also a basic Pokemon, letting take advantage of Prism Energy.

One weakness of my deck is the fact that all of my Pokemon have low hp. This means they will probably only get one attack in before they get KO'ed. I am also worried about the speed of my deck. Any help would be appreciated.

Lugia-EX – Colorless – HP170
Basic Pokemon

[C][C] Aero Ball: 20x damage. Does 20 damage times the number of Energy attached to this Pokemon and the Defending Pokemon.

[C][C][C][C] Deep Hurricane: 80+ damage. If there is any Stadium card in play, this attack does 70 more damage. Discard that Stadium card.

When a Pokemon-EX has been Knocked Out, your opponent takes 2 Prize cards.

Weakness: Lightning (x2)
Resistance: Fighting (-20)
Retreat: 1

Last edited:
I would use dimension valley as the decks stadium as it allows mew to use attacks with one less colourless energy, making it easy to power up. Maybe consider a mewtwo ex as your own attacker if the attacks you are coming up against aren't very effective?

I like @Jorgie 's comment, but due to your main attacker being weak to fighting I suggest running Lugia EX rather than Mewtwo because you get the fighting type resistance to back you up. I realize that Mewtwo gets the Dimension Valley boost, but who ever hits for just 20 damage when they bring up a revenge/counter Mewtwo? Also you mentioned that your Pokemon are likely to be OHKO'd; ditch the Max Potions, they don't help because you run all special energy so you cant get them back when you have to discard. If you get OHKO'd you can't even use the Max Potions to heal. Last thing, run more switch than escape rope; escape rope makes revenge kills near impossible for your deck, I suggest running your Scramble Switch, 1 regular switch, and one escape rope. Hope that this helped, I really like this deck it's very unique.

I just thought of a way to make it faster but it requires getting rid of mew....
If you ever decide to drop Mew from the deck you can replace your rainbow/prism energy for all basic fire energy or fighting energy then play Scorched Earth, then you can play more Lugia or Mewtwo. This acts to speed up the deck but also gives you a basic energy to fall back on in the event that you face Enhanced Hammer or Aegislash EX.

Maybe you could run Teammates instead of Steven or 1:1 since your Pokémon do have low HP you can easily run it.

Training Center is a good card but as Jorgie said, Dimension Valley is another good option for Mew because not only of Nasty Plot, but it's able to copy benched Pokémon as well. Also, Training Center can be a double edge sword as well, your opponent could do snipe damage easily with something like bats and then simply swap your stadium out resulting in one or more knockouts. Since they're so low HP you don't really need to run it in my opinion. A few other options would be either Frozen City since you know you're going to get OHKO'd or Laser Bank if you are able to find the slots and it wasn't clunky.

As far as Max Potion, I'd swap it out with something like Roller Skates, Arco Bike, Bike, Comp. Search instead of Scramble Switch, or even a Shaymin-Ex/AZ line up; you could even drop 1 or 2 Head Ringers for more slots.

I would replace 2 of the rainbow energy's for prism energy's. The reason being that Zoroark can use prism energy it will just wont provide every type of energy and will only provide colorless energy.

Prism energy text
This card provides Energy.
If the Pokémon this card is attached to is a Basic Pokémon, this card provides every type of Energy but provides only 1 Energy at a time.

Back