• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Alt. Format Fusion Strike Maractus 'Tool Slapper' Deck

Jamming

Aspiring Trainer
Hey everyone! Today I have created a decklist featuring some of the new cards that have been revealed to be released in 25th Anniversary Celebrations set and Fusion Strike. This deck is (of course) post-rotation so will only feature cards with the D regulation mark and onwards.
This deck can be used for competitive play (once the cards debut) but is made for fun so please be nice if commenting on some of my choices!
If you're not sure what some of the cards in this deck do, there is a spoiler just below the decklist where you can read about them!

DECKLIST

Pokémon (18):
3 Maractus - Fusion Strike (JPN S8 006/100) - Beatdown
3 Snubbull - Darkness Ablaze (70/189) - Evolve
3 Granbull - Fusion Strike (JPN S8 042/100) - Discard Return
2 Skwovet - Chilling Reign (127/198) - Evolve
2 Greedent - Rebel Clash (152/192) - Search
3 Mew - Celebrations (JPN S8a 002/028) - Search
2 Crobat V - Darkness Ablaze (104/189) - Draw

Trainers (34):
4 Quick Ball - Search
2 Evolution Incense - Search
1 Tool Scrapper - Control
1 Ordinary Rod - Discard Return
4 Scoop Up Net - Pivot
2 Air Balloon - Pivot
2 Digging Gloves - Beatdown
2 Rugged Helmet - Beatdown
3 Cape of Toughness - Defense
2 Lucky Egg - Draw
1 Cursed Shovel - Control
4 Professor's Research - Draw
2 Marnie - Draw, Hand Disruption
2 Boss's Orders - Control
2 Shopping Center - Control

Energy (8):
6 Grass Energy
2 Aurora Energy

SPOILER
Maractus - Grass - HP110

Basic Pokémon
[G] Peck: 20 damage.
[G][C] Ditch and Shake: 50x damage. Discard any number of Pokémon Tools from your hand. This attack does 50 damage for each card you discarded in this way.
Weakness: Fire (x2)
Resistance: none
Retreat: 2

Granbull - Psychic - HP120
Stage 1 - Evolves from Snubbull
Ability: Grasp: When you play this Pokémon from your hand to evolve 1 of your Pokémon during your turn, you may put up to 2 Pokémon Tool cards from your discard pile into your hand.
[C][C][C] Bite: 90 damage.
Weakness: Metal (x2)
Resistance: none
Retreat: 2

Mew - Psychic - HP60
Basic Pokémon
Ability: Mysterious Tail: Once during your turn, if this Pokémon is in the Active Spot, you may look at the top 6 cards of your deck, reveal an item card you find there, and put it into your hand. Shuffle the other cards back into your deck.
[P][C] Psyshot: 30 damage.
Weakness: Darkness (x2)
Resistance: Fighting (-30)
Retreat: 1

CARD SHARK
Here I will explain why I decided to include these cards in the deck.

3 Maractus:
Maractus is, of course, the main attacker in this deck. 50 damage for each tool card is quite a lot and can allow you to OHKO big Pokémon if you can get enough tools into the hand.

3 Snubbull
I chose this Snubbull over others simply because it has 80 HP (the others have 70). The only disadvantage with this Snubbull is that it can only attack if an Aurora Energy is attached which isn't ideal.

3 Granbull
Granbull was an obvious choice for the deck because it allows you to get Tool cards from the Discard back into the hand extremely easily. You can then Scoop-Up-Net it out of play and then place it back into play over the next two turns. It is a reliable way of getting two tools into your hand per turn for 100 damage. Of course, Marnie can be an issue when it comes to this as it will put the Pokémon all the way at the bottom of the deck.

2 Skwovet
I chose the Skwovet from Chilling Reign as it has an attack which allows you to put a tool from Discard back into your hand because why not.

2 Greedent
Greedent is a great Pokémon to have as it can consistently bring you tools from the deck and isn't at risk from Marnie since it just stays on your bench.

3 Mew
Mew is basically the new Stellar Wish Jirachi and is extremely good in this deck as it can allow you to find Pokémon tools as well as any other items you may need. You also don't fall asleep so you can just Air Balloon out of there when you're done.

2 Crobat V
Crobat V is the most reliable post-rotation draw Pokémon. I played two to increase consistency as Crobat V is very good in the early game but you could easily swap one out for something else.

4 Quick Ball, 2 Evolution Incense
These are both great items for finding the Pokémon you need. I play more Quick Balls as the deck is filled with Basic Pokémon. Evolution Incense can be important to find those Greedents and Granbulls when you need them.

1 Tool Scrapper, 1 Ordinary Rod
Tool Scrapper can allow you to remove tools from your opponent or yourself if you want to place on a different one. Granbull can easily get these tools back into play. Ordinary Rod is quite good if you need extra energy for attacking with Maractus and also for putting Pokémon back into the deck.

4 Scoop Up Net
Scoop Up Net is the pivot card of choice because it allows you to scoop up Granbull for reuse. It can also be really good for Scooping Mew out of the active.

Pokémon Tools
I chose this specific set of Pokémon Tools because I think they're all good for the deck. Air Balloon can allow an easy retreat, Cape of Toughness can bring Maractus up to 160 HP and Mew up to 110. Lucky Egg is great for drawing cards, Rugged Helmet and Cursed Shovel are both good for disadvantaging the opponent and Digging Gloves are there to allow you to do a little bit of extra damage to Rapid Strike Urshifu.

2 Shopping Center
Shopping Center is the obvious Stadium to have as it allows you to place tools back into your hand. So, for example, you could use an Air Balloon to retreat and then put it straight back into your hand to allow for 50 extra damage from Maractus.

4 Professor's Research, 2 Marnie, 2 Boss's Orders
These are all generally good supporters that should be featured in every decklist.

6 Grass Energy, 2 Aurora Energy
6 Energy was all I had space for but you could honestly use less if you want more space for tools (Exp. Share is a good way to share energy). Aurora energy is there to allow other Pokémon to attack if needed.

Thanks for reading about the deck! I will update the thread with a visual decklist and some strategy soon as well as some possible inclusions and variations of the deck.