Ruling Gardevoir LvX - Bring Down

verlorene

Aspiring Trainer
I just want to verify on how an attack works with Gardevoir LvX.

DiamondPearl_SecretWonders.pdf said:
Bring Down
Choose 1 Pokémon (yours or your opponent's) with the fewest remaining HP (excluding Gardevoir) and that Pokémon is now Knocked Out.

If both my opponent and I have a Pokémon with the same HP I should be able to choose which one to KO, correct? This seems straightfoward but since neither has the "fewest" I just want to make sure.

If you and your opponents had both a Pokémon with the same amount of HP and they're the one with the lowest, you can pick the one who gets knocked out.

Soul Seeker said:
If you and your opponents had both a Pokémon with the same amount of HP and they're the one with the lowest, you can pick the one who gets knocked out.

It's got nothing to do with how much HP is written on the card, it's to do with how much HP is remaining...

---

If you and your opponent both have Pokemon that have the same amount of HP remaining, for example, you had a Poliwag with 30HP remaining, and your opponent had a Meganium with 30HP remaining, you get to choose which one would be knocked out. But since Scramble has been rotated, it would be silly to knock your own Pokemon out. :rolleyes:

Krucifier said:
It's got nothing to do with how much HP is written on the card, it's to do with how much HP is remaining...

---

If you and your opponent both have Pokemon that have the same amount of HP remaining, for example, you had a Poliwag with 30HP remaining, and your opponent had a Meganium with 30HP remaining, you get to choose which one would be knocked out. But since Scramble has been rotated, it would be silly to knock your own Pokemon out. :rolleyes:

What is both your opponent's Meganium is equip with a Unown G? With Unown G it prevents all effects of attack excluding damage.

Since Bring Down is an effect of attack and since your opponent's Meganium is equip with Unown G. You will have to KO your own Poliwag.

keelee225 said:
What is both your opponent's Meganium is equip with a Unown G? With Unown G it prevents all effects of attack excluding damage.

Since Bring Down is an effect of attack and since your opponent's Meganium is equip with Unown G. You will have to KO your own Poliwag.

TYPO

What if your opponent's Meganium is equip with a Unown G? With Unown G it prevents all effects of attack excluding damage.

No, you can still target Meganium, since you can choose the target, but nothing happens under that circumstance. Unown G prevents the effect, but that doesn't mean you can't try to. :p

Zyflair said:
No, you can still target Meganium, since you can choose the target, but nothing happens under that circumstance. Unown G prevents the effect, but that doesn't mean you can't try to. :p

Really? darn I have been playing it the wrong way every....
Thanks for sharing...

Back