• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Genesect EX / Virizion EX / Cofagrigus / Frozen City

DragonMa3ter

Aspiring Trainer
Pokemon: 16

• 2 Cofagrigus (Team Plasma) PF
    3 Yamask PF
    4 Virizion EX PB
    3 Genesect EX (Team Plasma) PB
    1 Jirachi EX PB
    1 Deoxys EX (Team Plasma) PF
    1 Elgyem PS
    1 Beheeyem (Team Plasma) PS
Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums: 34

• 3 Frozen City
    4 Professer Juniper
    1 Dimension Valley
    4 Ultra Ball
    4 Muscle Band
    1 G Booster (Team Plasma)
    2 Float Stone
    2 VS Seeker
    1 Lysandre
    1 Lysandre's Trump Card
    4 N
    2 Random Receiver
    3 Roller Skates
    1 Energy Retrieval
Energy: 11

• 7 Grass Energy
    4 Plasma Energy (Team Plasma)

Strategy:

Honestly, I've never EVER tried to make a PTCG deck that's anywhere near competitive.

The original idea was to use Frozen City to build the amount of damage counters on your opponents Pokemon. I wanted to use Team Plasma Pokemon for obvious reasons, so I knew that throwing in Genesect would synergize with Frozen city. Next, I used Cofagrigus to spread damage, and Beheeyem to keep damage counters from Frozen City off my side of the field. Virizion is for supporting Genesect, and Jirachi is for searching. This deck has a good idea around it, but I'm positive it could be improved. Constructive criticism is mandatory. :D

Is this Standard? And if not, what'll make it Standard

RE: Genesect / Frozen City

"Constructive criticism", as it were, is subjective, just to point that out in a philosophical manner... But anyway, don't explicitly command people to do so. Making suggestions doesn't equal constructive criticism, and if there was any criticism at all it would be constructive criticism, and thus redundant to ask for such a thing because it is actually addressed in the rules. Trying to influence such a thing is mini-modding and you can actually get a warning for doing stuff like that, so I might try to refrain from trying to command other members. Thanks!

Back