Discussion Giratina-EX in M Gardevoir?

Professor Palutena

The Queen
I'm thinking of building a M Gardevoir-EX deck with the arrival of Karen and the future arrival of Brock's Guts and Dragonite-EX. Though I'm concerned about the Scizor matchup.

Giratina seems like a decent check to M Scizor. The ability prevents Scizor from attacking it, which should help in theory. Scizor-EX has little ways of chipping through Giratina if they take that route. It'll also prevent Spirit Links and Parallel City from being played. Fairy Garden also makes Giratina not Lysandre bait. Teching it in with some Double Dragon Energy, which counts towards Brilliant Arrow (60 damage, so it's still pulling more than it's share from the bench).

Does this idea crumple in practice, or is it actually decent like it is in theory?

Giratina in an M Gardevoir build is a very sound decision. I play 2x in my build (and a Hydregion besides.). They serve two purposes; stalling out the attacks of megas like Mewtwo And Scizor, and acting as an attach point for DDE when working with M Gardevoir PRC (since Brilliant Arrow exploits them in same the way as darkrai in Darkrai/Tina builds.)

One thing to note though; Giratina is worked around fairly easily by both Garbodor, and Hex Maniac, and so is at best an imperfect protection against megas. It may get a couple rounds, but it won't last, so be prepared to have its ability shut down.

Back