Going to my first tournament today...

Yeah, but push the others. not in the way of kill them, if not in the way that if you don't want to trade then just say "NO".

Don't expect to win.

The chances of you winning are kinda low, (everyone's are on there first tourny) but you learn more from losing then you do from winning, so don't get mad if you keep losing.

ThePokemonDude said:
Don't expect to win.

The chances of you winning are kinda low, (everyone's are on there first tourny) but you learn more from losing then you do from winning, so don't get mad if you keep losing.

umm, thats not true, I won my first tourney.

Rayquaza95 said:
ThePokemonDude said:
Don't expect to win.

Good for you, I didn't win a tourny for awhile. o.o

BTW, I didn't say it wasn't possible, I said the chances of winning your fist tourney are kinda low.

ThePokemonDude said:
Rayquaza95 said:
ThePokemonDude said:
Don't expect to win.

Good for you, I didn't win a tourny for awhile. o.o

BTW, I didn't say it wasn't possible, I said the chances of winning your fist tourney are kinda low.

yea, I guess thats true.

Ohh, I hope you have fun! My first tourney was awesome!

I'd recommend going in with a goal to have fun, not necessarily to win. Winning is an added bonus, not a requirement -- and having fun is always the priority. There're going to be some poor sports, but there's no reason to contribute your own presence to their ranks. Also, be open-minded and social; there's going to be a lot of fun, interesting, and nice people there. Don't be afraid to mingle, interject, and socialize!

Mrs. Aforcer said:
Ohh, I hope you have fun! My first tourney was awesome!

I'd recommend going in with a goal to have fun, not necessarily to win. Winning is an added bonus, not a requirement -- and having fun is always the priority. There're going to be some poor sports, but there's no reason to contribute your own presence to their ranks. Also, be open-minded and social; there's going to be a lot of fun, interesting, and nice people there. Don't be afraid to mingle, interject, and socialize!

Correction: Hope You HAD Fun!

I'm not sure why I'm correcting people XD

Rayquaza95 said:
ThePokemonDude said:
Don't expect to win.

Same

How did you do? I actually won my first 5 tourneys but they were at GenCon not actual organized events. Then my first POP Tourney I came in third at a BR. Also if you want to win your first tourney try a Prerelease you know what they say about beginner's luck...

Back