Good Basic Fire Pokemon

darkpulse24

Aspiring Trainer
I'm looking for a Fire type to fit in a Fairy Toolbox deck. Preferably a Basic Pokemon.

Victini-EX is a candidate but is a bit too frail for an EX. It can OHKO a Fire-weak Metal EX with 200 or less HP using a Rainbow and two Fairy energies. It's probably only going to last one turn on it's own though.

Charizard-EX is bulkier but Wing Attack is quite weak for three energies. And I can't use the second attack as I need to conserve energy.

Anything else? I'm specifically looking to counter Cobalion-EX and Dialga-EX. Aegislash-EX is a bit trickier since it blocks Rainbow Energy.

RE: Good basic Fire types?

I'd imagine Reshiram LTR would be the obvious choice for a splashable basic fire type.

Cobalion couldn't OHKO it and it would outrage back for a ton of damage. Diagla would still take it out but at least it's only giving up one prize.

Try looking at Stoke Charizard EX too. It only needs [R][C][C][C] so you only use one rainbow with it. Given, it only does 120 though.

Charizard (Combustion Blast) does seem to be the go-to for Fire in Aromatisse. With a Muscle Band it hits for 160 with weakness, meaning you can pick something off later with Manectric-EX or Xernaes-EX. It's not really necessary though, as M-Kangashkan-EX is just as helpful against VirGen and Metal, as it can't be OHKOed, even with G-Booster, and you can Max Potion away the damage next turn. On top of that, it doesn't require Rainbow Energy.

The non combustion Charizard is better.
Getting more energy in play is huge with stoke.
Only needing to do 100 for weakness, 120 is just as good as 150.
Attack only needs 1 rainbow.
Attack lets you use it again next turn.

I like the non combustion one. It can serve as an attacker and energy accelerator.

Another option is Reshiram EX. A muscle band and a heads can take care of any fire weak EX without any discards or anything. Not ideal since it is flippy, but it's something to consider.

Victini is very overlooked, but I wouldn't recommend it in Fairies. In Fairies, you want high HP Pokemon that are difficult to Knock Out so that you can preserve your Energy on the field. Victini will definitely be KO'd almost as soon as it hits the field. The only use for Victini is to provide a very quick answer to things like Genesect and Bronzong decks with its Ace Spec, Victory Piece. If you can get it out turn one or two, you can run straight through those decks. Otherwise, Charizard and Reshiram by far outclass it. It just doesn't synergize well with Fairies.

Reshiram (Outrage) and Charizard EX (Combustion Blast) are my standard R Poké I use in different decks. Both are excellent attackers, and Reshi is a fantastic starting Poké. Further, depending upon your deck build, you could Combustion Blast multiple, consecutive turns for 170 with attached Muscle Band.

Back