• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Goodra VSTAR deck building

SirEnter

Aspiring Trainer
Hey everyone! I've been using a goodra VSTAR deck recently and I have been able to get a consistent win rate of about 2/3 using this deck. I would like to make that higher and would like some recommendations to swap out certain trainers and or item cards. I feel like I need more strong attackers than goodra, cramorant, and shinning geninja but it has worked thus far, the only issue is the Giratina V deck that absolutely rips my deck apart. Any help would be appreciated!!

Attachments

• goodra deck variation.pdf
    269.7 KB · Views: 17

EspeonMaster

Aspiring Trainer
Giratina is a tough matchup for this deck in particular, especially when it sets up faster or when you're unprepared for the auto knock out.

Some people like to play big charm on Goodra for an extra HP boost...it helps in some cases (ex. you are sitting at 200 damage from a Lost Impact. You Rolling Iron + Fantina. You would survive the next Lost Impact with Big Charm when you otherwise would not.)

I run one less battle pass and 1 less mirage gate in exchange for 2 Melony which helps with set up speed especially with greninja discarding waters. Just personal preference there.

SirEnter

Aspiring Trainer
Giratina is a tough matchup for this deck in particular, especially when it sets up faster or when you're unprepared for the auto knock out.

Some people like to play big charm on Goodra for an extra HP boost...it helps in some cases (ex. you are sitting at 200 damage from a Lost Impact. You Rolling Iron + Fantina. You would survive the next Lost Impact with Big Charm when you otherwise would not.)

I run one less battle pass and 1 less mirage gate in exchange for 2 Melony which helps with set up speed especially with greninja discarding waters. Just personal preference there.
I really like that with Melony, I will definitely try to add that to my deck and test it out on the TCG online! That makes a lot of sense with the big charm, having that little extra bit of health seems like it can go a very long way against Giratina