Gyarados * Delta Species "Discussion" thread

+ Cascade Gonpory inc. +

soul of the eastern sky
i was searching the net when i stumbled across something that made me VERY disapointed:

redgyaradosgoldstar4qa.jpg

is this card HOLO? (if not, that means that in this set! THEIR IS NOT 1 HOLO at all)- thats totally lame....

my liking of "Holon Illusions/ Holon Phantom" is down the drain!

what do you guys think

Water Pokémon Master

I like Pokemon more than you! :p
Webmaster
Elite Member
Advanced Member
I don't think there are any holos in the set. They all use that new ugly reverse holofoil effect now.

Holy Star

Pokémon TCG player and card faker
Ahhh, that's really depressing. No Holo Gyrados*?! What is this world coming to, you at least make the Pokemon* Holographic!!

Ah, oh well.

-Holy Star

Secretsmeargle

Aspiring Trainer
RE: Gyarados * Delta Species "Discussion" thread

Well, as long as it's some sort of holo, it'd be pretty cool, albeit not as cool as the normal holo style we all know and love. And you never know, they may change the holo printing by the time we get the english versions (maybe, possibly, probably not =( )

~Secretsmeargle

Water Pokémon Master

I like Pokemon more than you! :p
Webmaster
Elite Member
Advanced Member
Doesn't look holo to me. It looks like the Gyarados itself is a dark red, showing that it is reflecting the light. There are no holo circles on the card, and usually you can tell right away when a card is holo.

Holy Star

Pokémon TCG player and card faker
RE:  Gyarados * Delta Species "Discussion" thread

Jade said:
DUDE

The Gyarados is holo

And the other 17 cards with the rating H is rainbowfied like our DS set.
I just can't come to say that these cards are holographic.

To me, holographic means it has the "Galaxy" foil, not this e-card-rev-holo-as-holo stuff.

And I believe that cards like Pokemon*-Delta or not-should have a holo pattern like most rare cards do.

-Holy Star

Abhorsen

Offically retired

Yes, that looks extremely non-holo. You can easily tell if it has the Delta species gloss effect. I really hope they ditch the deltas now, Phantom is becoming more disappointing per day... Like Holy Star said, a Holo card is one that has the "Galaxy" foil, Deltas are NOT holo, they are just glossy (like the reverse holos from RS-DR), that is all.

MysteryE

Character Illustrator

wha...what?!
not a holo??
lesse..
yes, no doubt, that's not a holo! >,<
So, Holon sets will be the worse set ever? (DS and HP)...
I want Galaxy foil back,,,