Ruling Gyro Ball, Rocky Helmet

A_RAICHU

help me
Magnezone used Gyro Ball and Rocky helmet is attached to defending Pokemon.
Do I put 2 damage counters to Magnezone?

rocky-helmet.jpg

46-magnezone.jpg

Card scans, please.

That's better.

"...put 2 damage counters on the Attacking Pokémon."

Magnezone is the attacker, so yes.

DNA said:
Card scans, please.

That's better.

"...put 2 damage counters on the Attacking Pokémon."

Magnezone is the attacker, so yes.

So Rocky Helmet does work even though defending Pokemon goes to bench after damage?
Rocky Helmet says "If this card is attached to your defending Pokemon...."

Rocky Helmet says "If this card is attached to your defending Pokemon...."
No it doesn't; it says if it's attached to your Active Pokemon. As long as the Attacking Pokemon remains in play when the attack concludes (and damage was done to your Active Pokemon), put 2 damage counters on it.
(An example of an Attacking Pokemon that leaves play: Accelgor DEX's Deck and Cover)

Sorry I copied the text wrong.

My point was;

When Gyro Ball is used, the defending Pokemon w/ Rocky Helmet (the one who took damage) is no longer an active Pokemon, and Rocky helmet states that "If the Pokemon this card is attached to is your Active Pokemon.."

I'm probably about as confused as DNA is right about now.

What exactly is your question here specifically?

The way you stated it in the first post, you said Magnezone uses its Gyro Ball attack against a Defending Pokemon that has Rocky Helmet attached. That means that the Defending Pokemon is Active, takes the damage from Gyro Ball, and then the two damage counters are applied to Magnezone before the Defending Pokemon _and_ Magnezone goes to the Bench. Now if you have a separate question to that scenario, you need to explain it in detail.

dmaster out.

A_RAICHU said:
Sorry I copied the text wrong.

My point was;

When Gyro Ball is used, the defending Pokemon w/ Rocky Helmet (the one who took damage) is no longer an active Pokemon, and Rocky helmet states that "If the Pokemon this card is attached to is your Active Pokemon.."
It was still an Active Pokemon when damaged by the attack. Rocky Helmet triggers.

Before the switch is made, all damage and things that trigger (including Rocky Helmet) from a damaging attack resolve before the secondary effects take place. Your opponent won't have a new active Pokemon until after the damage has been applied.

Back