Heavy Is the Head that Wears the Stellar Crown — Set Review

PMJ

Silhouette Gloom of the Sundown Lands
Forum Head
Articles Head
Elite Member
Advanced Member
Hello everyone! Stellar Crown has released, and online tournaments are in full swing with the new set. It’s full of interesting cards, and it’s sure to significantly shake up the game. I am a little worried about this set making certain decks too strong, but as always, I’m sure the meta will develop around these decks and things will smooth out eventually. Today I want to take a look at the set and offer my perspective on how these cards will affect the meta. Hopefully this will help provide some direction for testing out the new stuff, as well as prepare you for what you’ll end up facing in tournaments. Let’s get right into it.
Mow Rotom
Mow Rotom seems to be an overlooked card from the new set. Its attack is incredibly convenient and easy to use. This card will certainly be handy for control decks, giving them a simple and efficient tech against...

Continue reading...

I've been testing a Ogerpon/Toedscruel/Hydrapple deck for fun and while it is definitely fun, it's also a bit clunky. SCR Dipplin has some very surprising potential by walling decks that rely on just Basic Pokémon. However the deck is a bit too clunky to run consistently and I've since been trying a deck which replaces Hydrapple with Blissey ex. Very fun but still trying to figure out the exact composition.

On locals a friend is playing Toedscruel Ogerpon with area Zero
Gotta say the damage he can do is scary,and i love to see the Dragapult playeras face when he says he can't put counters on Pokémon with energy

Back