• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

HELP FOR CITIES! Darkrai/Dusknoir/Landorus

Kaichu

Aspiring Trainer
I need help tweaking my deck for city championships at the weekend, please help?

Pokemon: 14
  • 3 Darkrai EX
  • 2 Landorus EX
  • 1 Keldeo EX
  • 2-1-2 Dusknoir
  • 2 Sableye
  • 1 Absol
Trainers: 35
  • 4 Juniper
  • 3 N
  • 2 Colress
  • 1 Skyla
  • 1 Tool Scrapper
  • 3 Dark Patch
  • 3 Ultra Ball
  • 3 Lasers
  • 1 switch
  • 2 Bicycle
  • 1 Computer Search
  • 3 Energy Switch
  • 2 Virbank
  • 2 Random Receiver
  • 3 Crushing Hammer
  • 1 Rare Candy
Energy: 11
  • 7 Dark
  • 4 Fighting
Was also thinking about possibly putting a Spiritomb or Mr. Mime in but wasn't sure which would benefit me more. Any suggestions would be a huge help :)

Edited to coincide with the rules! :D ~Kecleon

Following are some tweaks for your consideration:

• Whenever I've run a deck that utilized more than 1 type of Basic energy, I liked including 1 Energy Search in order to get whichever energy I needed at the time. So, I'd suggest replacing 1 of your Ht Lasers (ineffective against Virizion EX decks and can also be Junk Hunt'd) with an Energy Search.
  • In my experience, running multiple Skylas have always been worthwhile; so, I'd also suggest replacing 1 of your Enhanced Hammers with another Skyla.
  • IMHO, Spiritomb is a wasted card space and can be easily Red Signal'd and 1HKOd. So, I believe you really do not counter much of anything for long.
  • With 9 and 2 card draw Supporters and Items, I believe you could also replace 1 of your Random Receivers with another D energy.
Lastly, you may want to consider adding 1 Super Rod in order to recycle needed Poké, as well as Mr. Mime and/or Max Potion.

I hope you find these comments helpful.

Back