Help Help! Japanese Base & Fossil cards with Gym Symbol and no rarity?

twDestro

Aspiring Trainer
Hi Community,
I just joined the forum and I think I could need some help to identify two vintage cards.

As you can see in the pictures I have a "recycle" Trainer card which I know from mystery of the fossils Set and also a "Switch" Trainer from Base Set.

Of course both of the cards exist as japanese cards for base Set and Fossil Set but as you can see the cards have No rarity Symbol and also the gym Symbol which I know from the Japanese Gym sets.

I couldn't find any information if the cards are legit cards, some fake ones or special promos.
They aren't part of the japanese gym sets as far as I know.

Can anyone help me?

Thank you in advance for your replys:)IMG_20230225_192732.jpgIMG_20230225_192803.jpg

If these cards are real, they are from the Japanese Gym theme decks.
All cards from the decks have no rarity, and have the gym symbol regardless of which sets the cards originate from. This can be confusing, but this (supposedly) makes it easier to distinguish theme deck cards from the main Gym 1 & 2 (and other) sets, because there are multiples of the same Pokémon.

Here is a deck that has both of these cards: https://m.bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Tamamushi_City_Gym_(TCG)

Ah that's great! Thank you guys for the explanation. I wasn't aware of the theme decks but this makes absolutely sense :)

Back