Help with Classic cards

triangle

Aspiring Trainer
Hello there Pokebeach forums, today at school a friend of mine said he would give me 8 pokemon cards of my choosing from his old binder, after helping him pass a test. Although the cards he has are not particularly new they are quiet cool for nostalgia/ collectors. However I really want to get into the meta game when B/W launches. He has nearly every hallow from base set to gym heroes, so what would be the best 8 cards to choose to be used as trade bait in the future. Sorry if this was posted in the wrong area or this is a question seen fairly often.

I don't think those cards would be legal. How can you use them in the metagame?

no dark sonic they arnt legal but as he said trade bait. i would do base set charizard because it is very collectable. (i still have mine :D). also anything first edition and holographic.

My mistake, I realize base set cards are no longer used in the current meta game, what i meant was that I will trade this cards for ones that are used in the meta.

Unfortunately that is one of the few he no longer has, he said he sold it in 2006 :( ,however I still have a Blaine's charizard, are they still sought after.

Well, usually, any older cards are just collector's fodder, and you usually aren't able to trade them with anyone, unless they are specifically looking for older cards.
I don't think you could get very many newer trades (unless you're lucky), but having older cards is just for collectors.
The Base Set holos are among the most valuable of the older cards.

Pick cards that were used a lot when Base-Jungle was the metagame, like Charizard. This way they were used and are better in value because they were popular.

^Pretty much, yeah. You'll only be able to get trades like that from actual collectors, not all the players of the game.

Yes because they were older and they can't be used now. Although if you go to a collector's/hobby shop you might get lucky.

Back