• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Help with Espeon GX /Bats

Blastoiseman

Aspiring Trainer
So I have tested this deck out to much but so far it has been pretty consistent imo but it does need improvements.

Pokemon:20

3 Eevee sm
3 Espeon GX sm
3 Zubat sm
3 Golbat sm
3 Crobat sm
2 Crobat Break
1 Hoopa EX
2 Shaymin EX ros

Trainers:28
4 Vs Seeker
4 Ultra Ball
3 Sycamore
2 Lysandre
3 N
2 Escape Rope

1 Kukui
2 Nest Ball
2 Pokemon Center Lady
2 Delinquent
1 Red Card
2 Super Rod

Energy:12
2 DCE
10 Psychic
also I don't know set numbers or some sets
Feedback encouraged just don't be a jerk

Last edited:
Why do you play hoopa ex?? Just for the shaymin ex?? Hoopa can only grab them. Can't grab GX Pokemom.

First off, what is your deck strategy? My assumption is that you plan to use the Bats as your initial attackers, hope to get lots of damage counter onto your opponent's Pokémon, and then use Espeon GX's attack to drop 10 damage counters for multiple KOs? Given this assumption, following are a few thoughts for your consideration:
  • The Hoopa EX does not seem too useful since it can only get your Shaymin EXs out. Further, without Parallel City (for example) to remove these Pokémon from your board, they become immediate liabilities. The DCEs you have can provide an "escape" for the Shaymin EXs, but not the Hoopa EX..
  • Zubats and Eevee are quite "fragile" (i.e., have "low" HP) and can be easily KOd; so, you could easily play from behind in the prize count. So, incorporating either Ace Trainer and/or Teammates could be quite helpful.
  • What about using Hoopa (STS), a "sturdy" 130 HP, Psychic Basic Pokémon whose 1st attack can inflict 20 damage onto 2 opponent's Pokemon for just C energy cost? This Pokémon may be an ideal starter.
  • Why no Rare Candy to faciltate and accelerate evolution to Crobat?
  • Why no Level Balls to help get more Eevees, Zubats and Goldbats out faster? IMO, Level Ball is more efficient Nest Ball when you have Stage 1 Pokémon in your deck.
Suggested deck changes for improvement (IMO):

-2 Crobat BREAK - not critical vs. other cards
-1 Eevee - 2 should be sufficient (*)
-1 Espeon GX - 2 should be sufficient (*)
-1 Goldbat - 2 should be sufficient with Rare Candy
-1 Hoopa EX - not critical
-1 Shaymin EX - 1 should be sufficient
-1 Delinquent - 1 should be sufficient
-2 Escape Rope - not really needed
-2 Nest Ball - far less efficient than Level Ball
-2 Super Rod - not too efficient in this deck vs. Brock's Grit
-1 Pokémon Center Lady - 1 should be sufficient
- 1 Psychic

+4 Hoopa (STS) - preferred starter
+1 Ace Trainer / Teammates - opponent's hand disruption / specific card-draw support
+1 Brock's Grit
+1 Judge - more, diversified card-draw support
+3 Level Ball
+1 Professor Kukui / Sycamore - more card-draw support
+3 Rare Candy
+1 Special Charge - to recover and recycle the DCE
+1 DCE

In regards to strategy:

• With a Hoopa start, you can target 2 opponent Pokémon and inflict 20 damage onto both. Continue attacking with 2nd Hoopa, if need be.
  • Continue Hoopa attacks till you setup Crobats and/or Espeon GXs.
  • Utilize Ace Trainer (or Teammates) and Delinquent (be careful not to play this if your opponent can remove a strategic target for you), as needed.
  • As appropriate, attack next with either Crobat or Espeon GX.
  • At the appropriate time, attack with Espeon GX to take multiple prizes for the win or gain board advantage (which hopefully leads to the game win).
* Espeon GX is the preferred "cleaner" that will hopefully take multiple KOs. Eevee is not an ideal starter for this deck. So, reducing the Eevee count decrease your chances of starting with it.

I hope you find these comments helpful.

Eevee is actually a decent starter since you can instantly turn into Espeon GX on turn 1, plus there's an attack that only takes 1 energy. I wouldn't discount the Espeon as a main attacker as the main attack actually does decent damage against lots of decks for DCE+1.

Eevee is actually a decent starter since you can instantly turn into Espeon GX on turn 1, plus there's an attack that only takes 1 energy. I wouldn't discount the Espeon as a main attacker as the main attack actually does decent damage against lots of decks for DCE+1.
Understood, but do you also want your 2-prize Espeon GX exposed to repeated early damage? Will you have enough time to power-up your Bat(s), as well as the 2nd and/or 3rd Espeon GX if needed? If the OP's strategy is to use Espeon GXs and Crobats as the attackers, then maybe Max Elixir should be incorporated into the deck?

Espeon has a very good health pool and is super easy to get out thanks to the basic's ability. It's ok to have it take a few hits, especially since it's attack will confuse the opponent. A decent strategy would be evolve the active with just one energy and plan on sacrificing it to ensure confusion, then focus on powering up the bench by evolving the bats and a second or third Espeon. Since it will take the opponent probably two or three hits to drop the Espeon while they are still getting powered up themselves, the confusion could make it 4-5 attacks since 50% of their attacks should fail. By then you should have a Crobat line up and can do the triple poison attack, or just knock them out with the second powered up Espeon if they failed the confusion check a couple times.

Of course the weakness of all status inflicting decks is evolution decks, which we are most likely going to see an increase in. Evolving would nullify the poison or confusion from whichever attack you use. It will be very interesting to see what kind of decks and counters to those decks start to come out of Sun and Moon.

I wouldn't use Max Elixir in this type of deck since it only works on basic's and the goal is to evolve as quickly as possible. Max Potion might be an ok strategy on the ones you only plan on putting one energy on.

Ok, here are my suggestions:

-3 Golbat SM
+3 Golbat GEN

This gives some incentive to evolve manually without Rare Candy, and as a turn 2 Espeon-GX is desirable, there should be no reason why this time would not be available.

-1 Pokemon Center Lady
-1 Delinquent
+1 Faded Town
+1 Parallel City

Pokemon Center Lady and Delinquent are very nice supporters, I understand that. However, they are not important enough to run 2 copies of, and counter stadiums are necessary.

Faded Town is nice for reaching the high amount of HP required to KO a Mega pokemon and Parallel City is nice lock and annoying for Greninja decks. In my experience the sudden shutdown of Rayquaza is very disruptive as well.

This is all my opinion, so do what you like with poison barb.

Tools that have effects when attacked into tend to not be very good with that little incentive (In expanded there's virbank but in standard it is just 1 damage counter per turn) If you want a tool that has an effect when triggered it might be better using assault vest or lucky helmet, both of which look better in sun and moon because the game is moving away from pokemon that can use fury belt. Looking at your attackers, assault vest seems better, for that can turn 90 damage attacks onto Espeon into 4HKOs.
(50+50+50+50=200)

With an assault vest, you can essentially wall your opponent turn 1 with a 240HP GX.

This seems very interesting but once you've used your GX you become vulnerable to everything else they have and this is extremely weak to hex and garb. I love the idea though, and I think it might help a tad to take out 3- to 4 Psychic Energy, however many you think, and add a couple more DCE to the deck as to use crobat BREAK's attack and also use Divisoin GX and Psychic. Love the idea man! Just needs a bit of tweaking, that's all. :)

Back