Ruling Holon Energy WP

~Roxasora~

Team Shadow Admin
Ok, let's say that I have Holon WP attatched to an Empoleon. And a Gallade attacks, for example. Can the Gallade still flip prizes even though I have a Wp and a water energy attatched? What I'm asking is, does Holon WP allow that ONLY damage gets across?

WP does prevent everything except damage, but flipping over Prizes is part of figuring out the base damage. Holon WP can't do a thing to stop it.

It is not. It's figuring out the base damage.

Wouldn't the Base Damage be 60? The flipping of prizes is an effect that allows you to add to the base damage.

Holon Energy WP only prevents the Effects being done to the pokemon with Holon WP & Water Energy attached to it, thus it only prevents the Effects being done to it. It does not Prevent any other effect, for instance, Psychic Cut's Flipping of Prizes. But, it does prevent Sonic Blade for doing anything.

:)

Things in the card text that are part of calculating base damage aren't effects and thus aren't preventable.

Regardless, Holon WP wouldn't stop it anyway. It's not an effect being done to the Pokemon, it's being done to the prize cards. The target Pokemon just happens to be the poor sap that receives the result.

Back