Houndoom from Call of Legends (#10) [3/22]

dmaster

Aspiring Trainer
Elite Member
Advanced Member
cotdcopy.png

10-houndoom.jpg

Guiding questions:
1. Analyze the stats of the card (HP, Weakness, Resistance, Retreat cost).
2. Analyze the attacks (and/or Poke-Powers, Poke-Bodies) of the card.
3. What combos can you use it with? How so?
4. What techs can you use to combat the weak points?
5. How's the artwork?
6. Give it a rating, and explain why you have given it that rating. You can also rate the card by rating the thread itself (out of 5 stars).

Posts MUST be more than one sentence long with proper grammar and spelling or they will be deleted.

90HP for a stage 1 is a little above average, his weakness is a real pain, god resistance and retreat cost.

Dark roar is a good attack. It could be better if you choose the card to be discarted, and not your opponent. Fire Counterattack is... Nice. The possibility to do 80 damage is nice, but that, combined to his weakness is a bad thing

Any card that uses the card from the discart(s) pile(s)... I don't play much, So I don't know.
Not too sure... Maybe Sydney's stadium or Bubble Coat to prevent his weaknes for a turn.

5. How's the artwork?
I like how it looks like he's getting out of a cave, and that light is coming from behind him.

6. Give it a rating, and explain why you have given it that rating. You can also rate the card by rating the thread itself (out of 5 stars).
3/5. The card is not HORRIBLE, but it's also ot great. If it had more HP, and better attacks, I would give it a 4/5

the card is nice.
also being given away as a league promo as well as being reprinted. so its easy to obtain

its main attack would be dark roar. but fire counter attack is pretty good against decks that use machamp
combos would be in the disruptive category
giratina x. invisible tenticles to continuously make your opponent discard
also weavile UD for more discard disruption
maybe even team rocket's trickery for more discard
and flygon x

5. How's the artwork?

1.The hp is quite average for a stage 1, x2 fighting weakness is the worst it could get due to donchamps in play. Its resistance is good as vilegar decks has been seen running around lately. Its retreat cost is also average for a stage 1.
2.Dark Roar is quite a disruptive one. But the main, Fire Counterattack does 80 for one energy if your opponent has any fighting pokemon in play.
3.Combo? With a bit of luck, TTar deck. although it will get OHKO-ed by earthquake, its also quite good for dealing 80 in one turn. Could donk donchamp with rare candy too.
4. Its weak points is only its HP and weakness. For hp, other than expert belt, it can't be helped. its weakness, the only thing i can think of is exploud, though it will need time to setup.
5. The artwork is okay, 4/5.
6. i give it 3.5/5 due to its fighting counter with expert belt.

Hp is nice, but under average. Weakness is a pain, and retreat is average.
The atack list is a good set, deal 80 dmg against fighters Pokémon is nice. And Dark Roar can deal many combos.
Mew Triumphant can use firecounter atk with no weakness, and better can deal x2 dmg cause he is Psy type. Read 160 dmg with only one ENERGY. While that you can prepare someone to take the place, we both know Mew cant stand much longer by its on.
Maybe using other Pokémon to use his atk, instead of itself (e.g: NEWs)
5. How's the artwork?
Nice artwork 4.5/5
Rate 4/5, it would be a real pain if can use MEWs to do the job... I'm sure Champ deck will hate that.

_______
sry my bad english.

Back