Houndoom Ideas

LucarioLegend

PLATINUM
Hey guys I have seen a lot of people try to make a deck with LA Houndoom so I was thinking to pare it up Darkrai so if you think this could work post the deck in the comment box below and I will comment my openion right under it.

P.S I GOT A REGIGIGAS Lv X tin today but, they did not have any Heatran Lv X tins:(:(:(:([/font]

It won't work. T2 Houndoom (LA) is playable, but bringing up your bench size will weaken his power, not add to it. With only 80 HP, there's no point in trying to buff him up with Darkness Energy. He'll be gone in 1-2 turns.

Yeah, houndoon is just another one of those cards that are better off without assistance. Just 1 line of houndoom and maybe a starter would do in a deck. Other cards are like kricketune, banette and blissey.

What? Take up bench space with Heatran when he already needs a coin flip to discard energies? We have Energy Pickup anyway.
elekid is right. It could be OK with Darkrai LV. X if you mean the GE Houndoom.

LA Houndoom with Heatran Lv.x works, but I like using him with Rayquaza and Stark Mountain. Sometimes setting up Heatran is just way to much work, but then again I run both Rayquaza and Heatran Lv.x. Problem is that the deck either hits, or misses horribly. It's really hard to recover because Houndoom doesn't have the life necessary to take hits, plus Bright Flame just really sucks if you roll tails without a Heatran on the bench. Also, if you have water in your area, Kingdra, this deck just falls apart because Kingdra can come back and is able to take 2 hits from Houndoom; while Houndoom can only take one pump.

GE Houndoom is better.especially with gengars running around the so called metagame now.its just sets the difference between the rare and the uncommon

with the GE one i would go with 4 multi energy (discarding it gives both effects) a plusle (your energy will be gone fast) and then a 2-1 uxie LV.X for draw/support then just play 4 multi 4 basic dark 4 fire and 3 special dark with then LA houndour.

The problem the GE Houndoom has is its typing - It doesn't have access to fast recovery for its energy. If it had, it would've been very good, but alas, it doesn't.

Lou Cypher said:
The problem the GE Houndoom has is its typing - It doesn't have access to fast recovery for its energy. If it had, it would've been very good, but alas, it doesn't.

T-T-T-TYPHLOOOOOOOSIONNN.

pie

It doesn't need to be. Firestarter just attaches fire energies. The pokemon that is receiving the energies doesn't need to be a fire pokemon.

Back