How much do you spend on pokemon?

phoenix11032

Aspiring Trainer
Just wondering how much some people spend on pokemon compared to me. I know there are some really hardcore pokemon fans out there like me and others who don't spend a dime.Please post how much you spent on pokemon, I might have spent at least $400 on pokemon or maybe even more. Wanna see how others compare. :)

PikachuMatrix said:
Iv spent upwards of £600 in total I reckon, although now I get all my stuff for free so I just pay for tournaments.

Yea, nowadays I don't buy anymore, I'm either trading away my old stuff or selling em... Pokemon is an expensive hobby come to think of it. lol

Christopher said:
2500 USD or maybe more

WOW.... As I sad above, pokemon must be a REALLY expensive hobby for you then.:cool:

PikachuMatrix said:
Iv spent upwards of £600 in total I reckon, although now I get all my stuff for free so I just pay for tournaments.

lol, I got banned from points2shopcuz I did an offer at my friends house:p. I was trying to get my stuff for free too.

Actually, I've only spent $35 for a box of 2000 cards with easily over $1000 of stuff (lol guy got ripped off), and like $30 for 3 Diamond and Pearl TCG Collector's Tins. The rest of my stuff I've gotten from trading here.

phoenix11032 said:
Yea, nowadays I don't buy anymore, I'm either trading away my old stuff or selling em... Pokemon is an expensive hobby come to think of it. lol

Christopher said:
2500 USD or maybe more

WOW.... As I sad above, pokemon must be a REALLY expensive hobby for you then.:cool:

Yea it is very expensive but i really have lots of fun

Then again when I was buying stuff all the time I had no job so was limited but now I do I could buy a box every two weeks if I really wanted to.

PikachuMatrix said:
Then again when I was buying stuff all the time I had no job so was limited but now I do I could buy a box every two weeks if I really wanted to.

If i wasn't banned I'd do that lol. Probably from now on Ill just get booster packs at Rite-Aid or something when I'm desperate for some cards.

I've spent from 1500-2000 dollars on pokemon cards. I've slowed down alot now because I have enough cards that I can just trade for whatever I need.

well, considering how many pokemon video games i buy a year... add that to random boosters, tins and theme decks, id say about the same mabe 600 USD

all with my own money!

all with my own money! Picture that!

Over 1000 probably. Me and my dad went to Nats and usually play in 2 flights each at pre-releases. We also go to all the tournaments we can to that's gas and food money too.

TOTAL on pokemon would have to be over $2000 possibly. Including pre releases and getting rides to tournies, maybe more.

But then agian, you have to spend money to gain money. I have well over $2000 worth of cards.

It averages out to about $500 a year. One box and one Prerelease per set.

dmaster out.

I don't tend to spend much on the card game, since I judge and get a lot of my cards free. Depending on the set, I may buy a box once in a while, but I'd say roughly 200 a year on cards. I sell the cards as well, so I make a lot of that back.

I've probably spent 800$ on cards this year, that would be my best guess. However it is my first season so I had to buy all the recent sets, I'm planning on spending less this season considering I only need to buy the newest set and I can trade for whatever else I want.

Wow. I've gotten a tournament ranked deck for $60 and everyone else had to spend hundreds. I feel so lucky:D.

Back