I am back just to ask a quick question. =D HELP!

What song should I sing for my High School Talent Show?

• Total voters

Bubba235

Jesus Christ is my Lord and Savior! :)
Okay, for my school, we are starting a talent show. I NEED to sing in it. Well, not NEED but want to really bad. Anyways, I am stuck between too many songs.

SONG CHOICES:

"Fall for You" - Secondhand Serenade
"I'm Yours" - Jason Mraz
"Viva La Vida" - Coldplay
"What I've Done"(kinda iffy) - Linkin Park
"Yellow" - Coldplay

So anyways, I am up for new songs too. Tell me what you think, and vote in the poll. Thanks!

RE: I'm am back just to ask a quick question. =D HELP!

"Viva La Vida" - Coldplay is the only song I know out of those choices, so I'll have to recommend that. :p I was in choir for like, 8 years so I can sing. Can you sing pretty well?

You should sing a Jonas Brothers song if you want to win, the dumb adults and girls of today love that crud. :D

I haven't really heard of any of those songs, but I'd go with the one you like the most.

Linkin park or Viova La Vida. xD Those are both awesomeness songs. Nuff Said. :O Viva La Vida wins. xD

I would pick the one you feel the most comfortable with. Ask youselves these questions:

Do I like the song...a lot?
Can I perform this song flawlessly?
Does this song have a meaning to me?

If you answer those three questions above with a yes, then that is probably the option you should go for.

Viva La Vida, isn't to vocal but isn't exactly rap, I think it will be generally not to hard. It's a pretty versatile song!

See, I like "Viva La Vida" a ton, but it really doesn't show much of my range, and it is a bit easy. Then there is "I'm Yours" which I like a ton, and it can show off my voice pretty well, it is just many people at my school think whoever listens to Jason Mraz is "gay". Honestly, in the end, it is going to probably going to be between those two.

But, if anybody has another song in mind, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE post it. It could be the decider...

And yes, I can sing very well. But my voice has finally changed, something I didn't really want to happen as it cut my range from 3 full octaves to 2. It kinda sucks...=(

You need to be good to sing Coldplay, that takes the most skill and the judges would be impressed.

Meh, if I were you, I'd go with Viva la Vida.
It's a great song, and it will be awesome if you can pull it off well.

Good luck. =D

Bubba235 said:
See, I like "Viva La Vida" a ton, but it really doesn't show much of my range, and it is a bit easy. Then there is "I'm Yours" which I like a ton, and it can show off my voice pretty well, it is just many people at my school think whoever listens to Jason Mraz is "gay". Honestly, in the end, it is going to probably going to be between those two.
Viva La Vida happens to be the most popular song out of your choices (as I hear this one more often that the rest of your other choices). While it's easy (not that I really know), it's also more popular. Song choice should be also based on popularity.

True true...so, at this moment, it looks like I am going with Viva La Vida. Please keep on voting in the poll and posting here though. The tryouts are in a couple of weeks, so I want to get some practice in. Thanks for your responses! =D

Based on what you said earlier, I would actually choose Viva La Vida. It might be easy, but you should save the harder and more impressive ones for the talent show, and not use them for tryouts. All you have to do is nail this one and you will most likely get in.

Then again, I have never tried out in a talent show....I suck at singing.

lol! Well, thanks for all of your guys' help. I am most likely going with Viva La Vida, so all I need to do now is find all the background music. Does anybody know any store that would have that kind of stuff?

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=viva+la+vida+sheet+music&aq=0&oq=Viva+La+Vida+s

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=viva+la+vida+backing+track&aq=1&oq=viva+la+vida+ba

I voted "Fall for You" as it's a great song. "I'm Yours" is awesome too, but it's a bit overplayed, and "Viva la Vida" is good but honestly not that amazing. "What I've Done" is a great song too, but Linkin Park's singer has a very unique voice.

I haven't heard "Yellow".

If possible try to sing this, I like it! ^_^ http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=wygi-d2bwQU

Back