Water Pokémon Master

I like Pokemon more than you! :p
Webmaster
Elite Member
Advanced Member
Several more cards have just been revealed from the Japanese sets Scarlet ex and Violet ex! The sets will release in Japan on January 20th. In English, these cards will release in our Scarlet & Violet set on March 31st.
The TCG will be giving us the Paradox Pokemon right off the bat — Iron Treads and Great Tusk will be Pokemon ex in the set. If you didn’t play the games, all you need to know is that they’re entirely different Pokemon than Donphan. They’re not formes. If you want to know more about Paradox Pokemon, you should play the games. There is quite a bit of story and lore behind the Paradox Pokemon.
Thanks goes to JustInBasil and Toine L. for the translations...

Continue reading...

Last edited:

DMYSYS

Aspiring Trainer
So do those ...things? count as formes of Donphan or will they have separate dex numbers? Donphan has a semi-recurring tradition of being in the first set of new eras of the TCG but I don't know if this counts.

Orlandito2012

Aspiring Trainer
Okay so gardevoir ex is insane.... especially since you just need one and we have refinement Kirlia and optionally Shining arcana gardevoir or buddy catch gallade

N's Rhyperior

Aspiring Trainer
I love how rare candy might be relevant again. Imagine turn 2 evolving your 60hp magnemite into the 330hp magnezone ex
The Q is the easy access to it because so far, we don't have any decent options. Mew? Mew cannot help you most of the time.

Ralts/Kirlia/Gardevoir ex - I mean we have Kirlia SIT, is Kirlia can help you get Rare Candy at the time you need it? The attack is meh. 2/2/3

Magnemite/Magneton/Magenzone ex - omg, they look terrible. 3/3/3

Iron Treads ex - why 4 energy then switch? That attack can be done with 2 energy. 2 Geodudes

Great Tusk ex - as always, Fighting types forever to be suck unless your name is Urshifu. 2 Geodudes

sonicjms

Bench, Call, Ride, Summon, Cast
There seems to be a trend of giving ex final evolutions to useful lines of Pokemon, Magnezone ex can be teched into a Giga Magnet Magnezone deck, Ampharos ex is a neat tech for decks already on Flaffy and now the Refinement Gardevoir line has Gardevoir ex. Also 250 is big HP for a basic 2 prizer

MagnaDrake

Aspiring Trainer
Ramp to things using Psychic Embrace, swing
Get hit back
Cheryl
Ramp again with Psychic Embrace
Clear damage using Radiant Tsareena
I can see a deck for this. Sounds fun.

TheRainmaker

I like Expanded
That is a very pretty regular art for Gardevoir ex.

The attack's damage and effect is kinda lackluster (at least until we get a Choice tool for ex Pokemon as well, then it will KO most basic rulebox Pokemon at least), but the ability is really strong, stackable, and it's really cool that we can use both Rare Candy and the useful Silver Tempest Kirlia with it, and probably even some Chilling Reign Gardevoirs to skew the prize race/have a non-rulebox attacker/alternate acceleration ability that can also be draw power.

DrifBoi

child kidnapping balloon
Notably, this Gardevoir line has a dark weakness. It's not a fairy type!
which is weird, considering that the most recent one that didn't have a steel weakness was legendary treasures gardevoir (was weak to psychic)
ps i know that the celebrations delta species ex one was weak to psychic as well, but since it's a reprint i won't count it.

Yaginku

H-on Will Save Pokemon
I like this idea of actually putting some downside to fast acceleration, although 20-60 damage isn't really going to matter in the age of 300+ HP Pokemon.
The attack of the Gardevoir is a bit of a joke, since three out of five Conditions will prevent them from even using the attack anyway.

MagnaDrake

Aspiring Trainer
I like this idea of actually putting some downside to fast acceleration, although 20-60 damage isn't really going to matter in the age of 300+ HP Pokemon.
The attack of the Gardevoir is a bit of a joke, since three out of five Conditions will prevent them from even using the attack anyway.
Two. The other one is a coin flip, of which if you pass the check, will be cured.

On a related note, the attack is a perfect (sort of) reason to run that funny Hot Curry item. Heal up, get burned, attack, be cured of burn. Fun!

Monarch

Aspiring Trainer
Based on the new Psychic types, it'll probably be that the tcg decided to get rid of fairy types permanently

Last edited: