Is empoleon gone?

Typhlosionluvr

Sith Lord Credit to Flygon999 for Avatar
Does empoleon have any place in the current metagame? He's powerful and all I just haven't seen many decks

He's a great sniper, as in Empoleon Lv.X leveled up from Empoleon PL, and a great disrupter, especially leveled up from SF Empoleon.

It falls behind in this metagame due to a lack of Energy Acceleration. I played Empo for a bit at the start of this format, but when you cannot charge with any real speed you can fall behind, even against decks like Giratina. If you are dead set on playing it, play a 4-3-3-1 Empo line using the Platinum Empo and Piplup. Prinplup should be from DP. Starting up with the deck is great (T2 dead Baltoy) (T3 dead Uxie) but after you fall behind you stay behind. I also suggest the use of Crobat G in the deck.

If you wanna play empoleon just remember what made him beast in the first place. Cessation. Now I know cessation is gone and nothing can replace it but have you looked at mespirit? Try playing a no claydol speed deck with empoleon and mespirit. Run 4 super scoops and 4 mespirits. Now see regigigas can sacrifice mespirits use poke rescue and keep using bind. If you can figure out a way to maybe bind them the whole game just like gigigas then you might be on to something.

Empoleon is becoming a tech sort of now because of slowness of energy piling. He is in one deck, that I know of, Giratina.

Despite this, I was really surprised to see someone play it. Empoleon with Uxie was all I saw unfortunately. Went 3-2 and they dropped out. :F

dmaster out.

Shadowwiidragon said:
Empoleon is becoming a tech sort of now because of slowness of energy piling. He is in one deck, that I know of, Giratina.

Yes, i use SF empoleon and the Lv.X to help disrupt in my Giratina. However, I also see use of PT empoleon in Giratina. He could snipe just about anything after 2 Darkness lost.

I'm going to run PT Empoleon pretty soon just for the easy prize card. It OHKO's benched Uxies! It's pretty much an Anti-Uxie card... It makes your opponent discard cards from their hand with its first attack, forcing them to need to setup quicker and encouraging them to play Uxie's by lowering their card number in hand.

Isn't Empoleon Lv. X getting rotated out after Worlds this year with the format being MD-On along with Torterra Lv. X and Infernape Lv. X?

Without Empoleon Lv. X I really don't see Empo doing well in MD-On If by any chance that might be the next Modified format.

I think blastoise is a better sniper then empoleon, hitting 2 at 60 damage is way better then 1 at 70, and if your worried about uxie then just tech in one crobat pt.

Card Slinger J said:
Isn't Empoleon Lv. X getting rotated out after Worlds this year with the format being MD-On along with Torterra Lv. X and Infernape Lv. X?

Without Empoleon Lv. X I really don't see Empo doing well in MD-On If by any chance that might be the next Modified format.

Worlds is a long way off, and there is no evidence of a rotation at all. If there is, I'm guessing it'll be GE-on.

If Empoleon Lv.X does go, his usage will go down. Spread and Snipe is still surprisingly good with all these Bench-sitters in the format, although.

dmaster out.

Ah, Empoleon. I loved that deck. I won a cities with it (recently). The only way it will work now is if it paired with Crobat G, and other sniping cards. It is a great sniper, and a great disrupter. Sadly, it is very slow. I've played that deck so much, it was, and still is, my all-time favorite deck.

It really annoys me how they make/made Empoleon so much worse than Infernape and Torterra in both tcg and video games, because he is my favorite of the 3. Although only PL Torterra made Torterra much better.

I think the new empo is awful, but the MD one still has potential. Though it is dwarfed in good ness by torterra. But infernape is the worst of the 3. And in the video game neither torterra or empo are good. Only infernape is. Seems pretty even to me.

^Ok in the video game Infernape is the only one good enough for competitive, but Empoleon gets the worst moves in the storyline...

Empoleon is a bit slow, yes, but if you can throw in a little energy acceleration, I think it has potential to work. Sniping a Uxie makes for an easy prize. (Well, for the PT Empoleon) With the Level X, you can possibly do 150 damage to any one of your opponent's Pokemon throught two turns. \

Mantine MT is a card to consider in an Empoleon LV. X deck, as then you can retreat for free to get around the backlash of its 80 snipe attack. Crobat G would be another good card.

I'm thinking:

4-2-3-1 Empoleon
3 Crobat G
2-2 Mantine (You have to be evolved from Mantyke to use its Body, IIRC.)
2-1/2-2 Uxie/Claydol

= 20/21

Side note: Think Empoleon sucks in the games? Think again.

It is a toss up between the two, I'll admit. The MD one has potential to deal 100 damage for 3, which isn't too shabby, and has the ability to snipe for 30 to 2 Pokes. A 30 snipe + 100 damage from second attack = 130 = KO on most things.

The PT Empoleon beats Bench techs, however. Most don't exceed 90HP, which can easily be reached with a Crobat G and even a prior spread from Prinplup DP (<3). With the Level X, you can 2HKO (most of the time) any of your opponent's Pokemon. That is quite threatening.

Back