Ruling Is liability dominant?

Umbreon666

Honorer of the Eon's
Is there any other way to stop Liability besides W/P Holon energy and an evolved Jynx?? I dont think so, it seems that the only EX that would even stand a minimal chance is Clefable. It could copy my liability. So yeah, I run liability and I need to know what to watch out for. :D

Not only Holon Energy WP and Evolved Jynx, but anything that says "Prevent all effects" that isn't Safeguard (because that only blocks Pokémon-ex). The following cards can stop Liability (Holon Energy WP and Jynx excluded since they were already covered), through Poké-Bodies:

-> DX Rayquaza (Space Center stops this)
-> HL Regice ex (nothing you can do about this one)
-> Rocket's Articuno ex (Darkness Energy required; also can't be shut off)
-> FRLG Venomoth (Latios/Latias from HP shut this off, but Space Center shuts them off)
-> DX Swablu (Liability works if Swablu has no damage on it; Space Center also shuts this off)

Regice ex is the only thing that can never be Liability'd, and no one uses him anyway. Everything else can be countered one way or another. These will stop Liability by use of an attack:

-> DX Silcoon (Advanced Armor)
-> LM Clamperl (Iron Defense)
-> Dark Golduck (Darkness Shield)
-> Dragonite δ (Agility)
-> POP 1 Plusle (Agility)
-> POP 1 Rayquaza (Agility)
-> UF Scyther (Agility)
-> DS Swellow (Steep Dive)
-> POP 1 Swellow (Agility)
-> DX Taillow (Fly)

As you can see, everything in this section either is unevolved or isn't used competitively, and everything except Advanced Armor requires a heads flip on your opponent's part.

I think it is safe to say you have little to worry about as far as Liability being stopped.

Thanks. Good thing most of them are seldomely used anyway. Arcticuno CAN be prevented with energy removal 2 though.

Ah, yes. I suppose that if something is required, you can make it so they don't meet that requirement. :3

lol....
hm...i can't think of a card not listed to stop liability, but i can think of a way to stop you from getting killed by typhlo/liability or that victoribell/bility one.
you just need a sitrus berry or oran berry.

The reason you can't think of a card listed is because there are none. I looked 'em up. :p

Weezing does 70 damage to itself, so berries won't save it. It dies first.

Pimpwalkin' Mateo Johnson said:
The reason you can't think of a card listed is because there are none. I looked 'em up. :p

Weezing does 70 damage to itself, so berries won't save it. It dies first.
:(
no, i mean surviving a weezing typho.
but to keep a weezing alive, you use a nrg root obviously.

Yes, energy root is a must. Unless they have a poke-body and I want to bring out DS Weezing.

P.S. Pimpwalkin' Mateo Johnson, I went ahead and posted my deck, sorry ^^

Back