RBY Is Missingno. in the Japanese games?

Blackmage96

Herp Derp
So preforming the infamous old man glitch and surfing down Cinnabar Island causes Missingno, 'M and a whole bunch of other pokemon depending on the player name. The list can be found here of what letters correspond to what http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Old_man_glitch#Results
But what about the Japanese games which feature a completely different alphabet? What causes Missingno then? Differences between Japanese Red and Green between the Japanese Blue with it? Or is he a completely different glitch in those games?

RE: Missingno. in Japanese games?

I'm guessing that the glitch does exist, except it would probably use a different character system than our alphabet (or it might use the same one). To be honest I have no idea, but if the English Red and Blue versions have it, then it isn't a longshot to assume that the Japanese Red and Green (and possibly Japanese Blue) has it also.

Good question.
Missingno is based on three factors of the game, Error handling, Name of the character and Random Encounter buffer, because Green I believe is more or less Red and or Blue as programming will barely of changed; whereas the characters have. The only thing that has changed is the knowledge of what characters effect what.

Basically - Yes, Missingno. is in Green version, just the means of what Pokemon appear at Lv 152, has changed.

I haven't a clue. I would imagine so, however. I've always thought MissingNo. was very creepy, so I stay away from things like that. (Don't ask why, I just do.) xD

Back