JD Vance Tells Son, a Pokemon TCG Fan, to “Shut the Hell Up” About Pikachu

Status
Not open for further replies.

Water Pokémon Master

I like Pokemon more than you! :p
Webmaster
Elite Member
Advanced Member
In 2011 Herman Cain cited a Pokemon 2000 song during a Republican debate.
In 2016 Hillary Clinton asked people to “Pokemon GO to the polls” during a campaign rally.
Now JD Vance has revealed he told his 7-year old son, a Pokemon TCG fan, to “shut the hell up” about Pikachu when former President Trump called him last month to be his running mate.
“My son, who is seven, is in the hotel room with me,” Vance told a conservative podcast last week. “And he is really into Pokemon cards right now, he’s going through a Pokemon phase.”
“So he’s trying to talk to me about Pikachu, and I’m on the phone with Donald Trump, and I’m like...

Continue reading...

Last edited:
Okay, so? Am I supposed to vote for Kamala Harris because he did this or something? What’s the point of this article?

The last thing we need in a non-political site is politics. Can’t we just escape from it for two seconds?
I've covered any mention of Pokemon in politics and popular media since I started PokeBeach in 2003, with some examples shown in the beginning of the article. It speaks to the franchise's popularity.

I've covered any mention of Pokemon in politics and popular media since I started PokeBeach in 2003, with some examples shown in the beginning of the article. It speaks to the franchise's popularity.
OK, but you’re posting this as a negative light to one of the candidates, so I hope you are expecting a bit of a blowback. You’re opening a Pandora’s box by doing something like this.

OK, but you’re posting this as a negative light to one of the candidates, so I hope you are expecting a bit of a blowback. You’re opening a Pandora’s box by doing something like this.
Dude just posted facts, so move on from it. He even included 2 past political articles mentioning Pokemon. Besides it's not like this is changing any votes. Play some Pokemon Blue.

If you read this it's pretty much entirely posted in neutral language. If you don't like the light this paints one of the candidates in, then maybe they shouldn't have said that :)

Okay, so? Am I supposed to vote for Kamala Harris because he did this or something? What’s the point of this article?

The last thing we need in a non-political site is politics. Can’t we just escape from it for two seconds?
Hey, I don't like Vance, but this story is hilarious and humanizes him. We all know how annoying it is to have a kid going wild about something childish while we're doing something important. I really don't think this is very political at all

Hey, I don't like Vance, but this story is hilarious and humanizes him. We all know how annoying it is to have a kid going wild about something childish while we're doing something important. I really don't think this is very political at all
I made an account just to be able to say the same sentiment. I'm a Pokedad, and have been a franchise fan since '96. I have been the chattering ramblebot, encouraged it in mine, and been peppered by it. It definitely shows how the franchise has become a generational staple, and readers here should just take the article as an example of that while enjoying the hobby.
For anyone that sees something as biased or political from it, maybe go do some flower selecting of your feelings and priorities ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back