• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Klinklang and Cobalion EX

regimaster128

O hai der
Pokemon: 16
2 Emolga
4-1-2-2 Klinklang (DE, DE, BW, PS)
2 Cobalion Ex
1 Registeel Ex
1 Keldeo Ex
1 Cobalion (NV)

Supporters: 11
4 Skyla
4 N
2 Juniper
1 Colress

Items: 21
4 Rare Candy
3 Switch
2 Max Potion
2 Pokemon Catcher
3 Heavy Ball
2 Ultra Ball
2 Exp. Share
1 Skyarrow Bridge
1 Tool Scrapper
1 Dowsing Machine

Energy: 12
4 Blend [W, L, F, M]
8 Metal

Strategy:
Start with emolga. Call for Klinks or any other basic I need. It depends on the situation which Klinklang I would want to get out first. Cobalion NV to lock attackers. Keldeo for any fire counters they may have. Registeel for spread/tanking. Lucario for late game and Darkrai. I feel that dowsing machine would be more helpful than computer search, considering this decklist is pretty tight for everything I want.

Any thoughts?

Looks good, maybe cut the Eviolite/EXP Share for another N and Professor Juniper.

I personally prefer Plasma Durant over Emolga. If you have Plasma Klinklang up you can promote Durant and search for your other Klinklang/whatever pokemon you need ATM. Also I would make kore room for colress. Your bench will almost always be filled.

ChaosBlack said:
Also I would make kore room for colress. Your bench will almost always be filled.

Don't. Do. That.

Especially in a setup deck like Klinklang, you need your supporters to be reliable early game. Which Colress is surely not.

Soul said:
ChaosBlack said:
Also I would make kore room for colress. Your bench will almost always be filled.

Don't. Do. That.

Especially in a setup deck like Klinklang, you need your supporters to be reliable early game. Which Colress is surely not.

I disagree. Every game I've payed with this deck Colress has been reliable in giving me at least 5 off draw. Even late game it's reliable since Klinklang is a deck that occupies a lot of bench space. Maybe other peoples testing have shown otherwise, but that's just me. Juniper isn't 100% reliable since the heavy discard can hurt a setup heavy deck like this and N isn't a card you want to squander. Bianca and Cheren are alright but can't do much in terms of setup.

Soul said:
Looks good, maybe cut the Eviolite/EXP Share for another N and Professor Juniper.

I might end up doing that, but I want to playtest more and see if the extra supporters would help. I like being able to keep energy on the field or completely tank with Registeel. I think i'll end up adding N and Juniper though. Thanks for the feedback!

ChaosBlack said:
I personally prefer Plasma Durant over Emolga. If you have Plasma Klinklang up you can promote Durant and search for your other Klinklang/whatever pokemon you need ATM. Also I would make kore room for colress. Your bench will almost always be filled.

Emolga searches for 2 and benches them, which lets me evolve the next turn. He also has free retreat. I realize that being able to search for Klinklang is nice, but I think heavy ball covers that enough. I'm also considering adding a level ball for a better chance to start with Emolga. I only think having more than 1 Colress would be good in a supporter heavy deck, which this currently only has 10. Thanks for the feedback!

You said something about lucario in how it works, but there isnt one in the card list, or any extra space

Colress over any other supporter (beside skyla but that 1 doesn't count) in this deck since you will have your bench full and your opponent needs atleast 2 benched pokemons for his deck to work well no matter what deck it is (5+2 or higher) which equals in more cards then any other supporter (beside juniper but she removes your cards) can give you. Colress is the best supporter in this deck by far.

Here is my deck list. It works very well for me. I placed top cut in regionals with it.

Pokemon:
4 klink DEX
1 klinklang BW
3 klinklang PLS
2 Colbalion EX
2 Cobalion NVI

I/S/S
4 Skyla
4 Juniper
3 N
4 Heavy Ball
4 Ultra Ball
3 Catcher
4 Max Potion
4 Rare Candy
4 Switch
1 Dowsing Machine
2 Super Rod

Energy
11 Metal

I like Cobalion NVI because it works well against Terrakion. Normally Terrakion could give this deck a hard time considering that with exp. share it can hit you for 90 every turn which can destroy you. Max Potion is incredible with this deck. After a while your Cobalion EX will get a lot of damage on it (especially against Terrakion). Since it takes so many hits to kill him without an EX, Max Potion can destroy. Also, with no energy acceleration you don’t want your guys to get knocked out and lose three precious energy. At first I ran three, but tried out four and it worked so much better. All the heavy balls and ultra balls are to ensure a klinklang second turn. With Landorus Ex two hitting your benched klinks, you need to get it out second turn. Super Rod works well to get back your energy, klinklang line and attackers. It is crucial to success. I tried Registeel, but he was just to slow for me. The idea of this decklist is to set up quickly and them deny damage for the rest of the game using Max Potion and attach more energy while your at it. Then hit for 100 every turn. Hope this helps

Back