• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Landorus/Mewtwo/Terrakion

masanian

Aspiring Trainer
Pokemon: 9
2 Landorus EX
2 Mewtwo EX
2 Terrakion (Retaliate)
1 Terrakion EX
1 Boiffalant (Ability)
1 Stunfisk

Trainers/Supporters: 38
3 Professor Juniper
3 N
3 Skyla
2 Cheren
1 Bianca

1 Gold Potion
1 Tool Scrapper
1 Ultra Ball
1 Revive
2 Exp. Share
2 Energy Retrieval
2 Energy Switch
2 PlusPower
2 Random Receiver
2 Heavy Ball
3 Eviolite
3 Pokemon Catcher
4 Switch

Energy: 13
11 Fighting
2 DCE

Strategy: Use Landorus to hit the bench early and hit for high damage when you need. Mewtwo to counter Keldeo EX and other Mewtwo. Terrakion to come in after a KO and switch back to the bench or stay in and start Land Crushing. I like to run Terrakion EX because or the grass weakness being that Landorus is water. He has a good attack for 2 energy and can help me get a Retaliate/Land's Judgment/X-ball next turn. Bouffalant to counts EXs, and Stunfisk because of his ability to hit a the active and bench for 1 energy.

This decklist works very well, I have tested it ever since Plasma Storm came out. This is the list:

Pokemon
3 Terrakion NVI
3 Landorus Ex
2 Mewtwo Ex

Item/Supporter/Stadium
2 N
2 Skyla
4 Juniper
1 Bianca
1 Colress
3 Cheren
4 Catcher
3 exp. share
2 Max Potion
4 Hypnotoxic Laser
3 Energy Switch
2 Heavy Ball
1 Ultra Ball
2 Enhanced Hammer
4 Switch
1 Potion
1 Scramble Switch
2 Virbank City Gym

Energy
10 Fighting
3 DCE

This deck is made to do well in an Ex lock. You start with your Landorus EX up, then attach and try to snipe the tech cards on the opponent's bench. If they can evolve into an EX lock simply attach exp. share to your benched Terrakions and attach more energy to your doomed landorus. If they have any weak cards on the bench that are not protected, keep sniping until he gets ko'd. Then swarm with Terrakions in an unstoppable rush of 90 per turn. Your Terrakions have enough hp that they don't get ko'd easily, but only give the opponent 1 prize every time. The Mewtwo are for start game, end game, and Mewtwo wars. After you have a landorus with a lot of damage mid game (providing there is no ex lock) you can Scramble Switch Max potion for Mewtwo, then ko everyone with lots of energy.

Strategy Tips: NEVER PUT YOUR TERRAKION UP UNLESS YOU PLAN TO ATTACK WITH IT THAT TURN!! Go for storming the Terrakions as soon as possible. get them to your bench fast and equip them with exp. share for when your landorus gets knocked out. I personally have never played a successful game with this deck without the two tips above. Hope this helps!

Masanian - Trin200 made some excellent points regarding game strategy. From my experience playing against decks with Terrakion, that Poké is the deck's "Achilles heel." Two things I try to do against decks with Terrakion:
  • Ensure an opponent's Poké is KOd BETWEEN turns from poision in order to nullify Retaliate; and
  • Catcher the opponent's benched Poké with the attached Exp. Share in order to prevent the energy saving.
I'd also strongly suggest you replace the Gold Potion and 1 F energy with 2 Max Potions. MPs can win games for you. From my experience running LMT (aka "big basics"), those MPs kept my active Landorus EX going a "long time" till my opponent could finally deal with it (which often times placed me in a favorable game condition).

Thanks for the info. I will test with it and get back to you. I am worried that Max Potions will do little against Cobalion klinklang, but it would work for others. Also i never said i ran gold potion.

After extensive testing I have decided that two max potions is not enough, but four is too many. Therefore I went with three, taking out the potion.

oh, and good strategy. Hynotoxic Virbank combo is outrageous.

Back