• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Leaf-Doom (Leafeon-Houndoom)

parmcat

T-Tar tyrant
Hello,

I am posting this on behalf of my 10 year old. This is his idea, and I have tried to help, with direction from online friends. I am not a deck builder, so any help is appriciated.

He wanted to build this status deck for Battle roads, and then Nationals. (HGSS forward)

Pokemon- 22

2-2 Houndoom Prime
4-4 Leafeon CoL
2-2 Venomoth TM
2-2 Roserade UL
2 Shaymin UL

T-S-S- 24

3 Collectors
3 Communication
3 Seeker
3 Pont
2 Twins
3 Energy Exchanger
2 IQ
3 Lost Remover
2 Black Belts

Energy- 14

4 Grass
4 Rescue
4 Rainbow
2 Psychic

The plan is obvious. Try to inflict as many status as possible as early as you can. Hit early and often. The main problem is the struggle against fire and Steelix decks. We may try to include 2 Reshiram to counter this, but then may have to remove the Shaymin.

The Blackbelts are to beef some attacks up. Lost remover can frustrate a lot of decks.

Ideas?

Thanks

I would suggest taking out Venomoth TM. Half the time, you will poison your own pokemon! Also, with 2 interviewers questions, you will probably not need 3 Energy Exchanger. So, I suggest either take out the 2 energy exchanger, or take out the 2 interviewers questions (or 1 of each.)

This leaves ~4 slots for extra cards.

He wanted to build the deck for battle roads? Battle roads is Majestic Dawn through Black and White, I believe. Make sure you update to confirm this.

With the 4 extra slots, I would suggest running 4 Cleffa. Cleffa is invaluable as a starter, and has free retreat.

Lastly, I would take out 2 grass for 2 Dark energy. That way, you can attack with Houndoom more easily; when Houndoom doesn't work. The alternative is to run Torkoal from UD(UD?) who has a 50% chance of burning them when he is placed onto the bench.

Jahikoi said:
I would suggest taking out Venomoth TM. Half the time, you will poison your own pokemon! Also, with 2 interviewers questions, you will probably not need 3 Energy Exchanger. So, I suggest either take out the 2 energy exchanger, or take out the 2 interviewers questions (or 1 of each.)

This leaves ~4 slots for extra cards.

He wanted to build the deck for battle roads? Battle roads is Majestic Dawn through Black and White, I believe. Make sure you update to confirm this.

With the 4 extra slots, I would suggest running 4 Cleffa. Cleffa is invaluable as a starter, and has free retreat.

Lastly, I would take out 2 grass for 2 Dark energy. That way, you can attack with Houndoom more easily; when Houndoom doesn't work. The alternative is to run Torkoal from UD(UD?) who has a 50% chance of burning them when he is placed onto the bench.

Hi Jahikoi

Yes, we know that the rotation is not till after BR, but both of us want to play our decks as much as possible, so we are ready for nationals.

We have considered Torkoal, as well and Cleffa, but its 30 HP is a free prize often.. Good point about Venomoth. What are the alternative for poison then? We also have Crobats, but they would seem to slow this deck down.

Thanks for the great response

Giving away Cleffa as a free prize is often a good thing. Firstly, you get a hand refresh as your attack to help set up while they attack. Secondly, when it becomes your turn, you can abuse twins to get fully set up.

There are not really any alternatives for poison... Skuntank G would be great but he's not HG/SS on. I don't think that there is a good pokemon for poison in HG/SS on. That said, you don't really need more poison. If they are asleep, confused and poisoned (through roserade) they will take 150 from Miasma Wind; enough to KO basically everything.

Jahikoi said:
Giving away Cleffa as a free prize is often a good thing. Firstly, you get a hand refresh as your attack to help set up while they attack. Secondly, when it becomes your turn, you can abuse twins to get fully set up.

There are not really any alternatives for poison... Skuntank G would be great but he's not HG/SS on. I don't think that there is a good pokemon for poison in HG/SS on. That said, you don't really need more poison. If they are asleep, confused and poisoned (through roserade) they will take 150 from Miasma Wind; enough to KO basically everything.

Thank you!!!!

He can't wait to try this out

All the best

Jahikoi said:

two problems: first, roserade doesn't put them to sleep, only confused and poisoned. second, you can't be asleep and confused at the same time (I thought you could but someone explained to me why you can and I looked it up. confirmed you can only be asleep, confused or paralyzed at one time. no combinations of those three.)

so the most this deck can do from leafeon is 150 (burned, poisoned and confused [from houndoom prime and roserade]).

I agree about taking out venemoth. and with rainbow energy attached to roserade, you can activate both conditions (found that out too and confirmed it lol...I'm looking into making this deck). then houndoom for burning. I'd replace the 4 venemoths for 4 Super Scoop Up. you can attach a rainbow energy to roserade to activate both special conditions, then use SSU to bring it up with the rainbow energy and put down roselia to evolve next turn and attach rainbow energy to active conditions to the new defending pokemon (you'll probably get the KO with the 100 from roserade, and if you get heads from houndoom, you're almost guaranteed to get the OHKO with 150 damage)

it would probably be wise for you bench to be 2 houndoom (two chances to flip heads is better than one. yeah they can only be burned once at a time but it boosts your chances for burning from 50% to 75%) 1-2 leafeon (start setting them up) 1-2 roserade (depending on how many leafeon you get...just in case one gets sniped before your next turn.) and 1 shaymin (from after you laid down for energy transfer....and you have seeker/SSU to bring it up to use again). then obviously 3rd leafeon as the active, ready to go.

A good tech would be umbreon or reshiram to take out stelix prime which would otherwise bulldoze the team. Also leafeon should be added lol

Ghost Bear said:
so the most this deck can do from leafeon is 150 (burned, poisoned and confused [from houndoom prime and roserade]).

Thats what I meant; Burned + Poison/Confusion from Roserade. Hypno is just quite good.

I definitely think you could cut Venomoths for 2 Reshirams and 1-1 Hypno. Espeon Prime and/or Umbreon wouldn't be out of place here either; I can see 6-7 eeveelutions being okay in this deck.

IMO, Venomoth is useless in this deck. Drop it out, the only thing that does is using a space in the bench. Also, you should add Reshiram for Steelix, because you might know that this deck is nothing against it. If you want you can check my Leafeon deck (for HGSS-on format) that it's in my signature, maybe you find something useful.

-2-2 Venomoth
+3 Reshiram B/W

and need some space for fire energies.

Good luck with your deck.

you don't really need to add fire energies for reshiram. outrage will be able to hold it's own against steelix. two much sacrifice to face a deck that most people won't be using anyway because of the rapidly increasing population of reshiboar decks. with that said, it would be smarter to add a tech to battle against reshiboar lol. coincidentally, reshiram could be a good choice against reshiboar. like I said earlier, no need to find fire energies to attach for outrage. you'll probably only need 2 reshiram though. leaves room for 2 more slots after taking out that 2-2 venemoth line. so I'd fill those two spots with any of the numerous choices already suggested in previous posts.

Back