• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Leafeon GX & Golisopod GX, With Some Archers (Decidueye GX)!

Ultra_Hero

Aspiring Trainer
Let me start this off by saying I'm pretty new to building my own decks, and this is the first one I've ever made.

This is based entirely off my love for Grass types, as well as Leafeon as a Pokemon, and the card itself. My main idea is to tank with Leafeon GX, spread damage wherever I want with a Decidueye GX or two, and unleash the Guzma's to throw in a one-energy Golisopod GX to take down benches.

It's a super rough idea that I've tested in a few games, and it has some improvements that could be made. I'm just throwing this out there if anyone wants to give me some help! I feel like focusing purely on Golisopod GX or Decidueye GX as a partner for Leafeon GX would help improve consistency, but I'm really liking the idea of having both.

Here's the deck list:

****** Pokémon Trading Card Game Deck List ******

##Pokémon - 21

* 4 Eevee SUM 101
* 2 Oranguru SUM 113
* 2 Rowlet SUM 9
* 3 Wimpod BUS 16
* 2 Dartrix SUM 10
* 3 Golisopod-GX BUS 17
* 3 Leafeon-GX PR-SM SM146
* 2 Decidueye-GX SUM 12

##Trainer Cards - 29

* 4 Hala GRI 126
* 2 Energy Loto GRI 122
* 2 Energy Retrieval SLG 59
* 2 Acerola BUS 112
* 3 Nest Ball SUM 123
* 2 Gardenia UPR 124
* 2 Bodybuilding Dumbbells BUS 113
* 2 Field Blower GRI 125
* 4 Guzma BUS 115
* 4 Ultra Ball SUM 135
* 2 Choice Band GRI 121

##Energy - 10

* 6 Grass Energy 1
* 4 Double Colorless Energy SLG 69

Total Cards - 60

****** Deck List Generated by the Pokémon TCG Online www.pokemon.com/TCGO ******

Are you substantially limited in resources? You have nearly none of the common consistency cards - Tapu Lele GX, Cynthia, Lillie, to start with - and that seems like it's likely to limit your consistency unless you're able to add those. And definitely focusing on one of the two will help you a lot, though the two might be decidueye/golisipod, so perhaps just leaving the three in is fine - just reduce the Pokemon count some if you can (one Oranguru instead of two, 3 Eevee instead of 4, for example).

I'd also think about adding some Switch/Escape Rope items, so you're not just using Guzma for those Golisipod KOs. A couple rare candy to help with Deciduye, if you end up keeping it.

Back