• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Leafy-Fly Lock (Beautifly, Leafeon, Vileplume, BR, Masters)

Aselia85

Aspiring Trainer
While working on my Espeon/Umbreon deck I thought up this deck.

Pokemon - 28

3-3-3 - Beautify - PT
4-3/1 - Leafeon - UD - Leafeon LvL X - MD
0-1 - Espeon - MD
0-1 - Umbreon - MD
- Eevee - (2 x CFF, 2 x SoE - MD)
1-1-1 - Vileplume - UD
2 - Spiritomb - AR
2 - Uxie - LA
1 - Azelf - LA
1 - Unown Q

Trainers/Supporters - 22

3 - BTS
3 - Rare Candy
4 - Pokemon Collectors
4 - Bebe's Search
2 - Interviewers Questions
1 - Palmer's Contribution
1 - Bench Shield
2 - Professor Oak's New Theory
2 - Underground Expedition

Energy - 10
4 - DCE
6 - {G}

Strategy is simple. Hit with Beautifly's Colorful powder to inflict special conditions and free retreat into Leafeon/X for Miasma wind for massive damage. The nice thing with Colorful Powder is the conditions just stat additional energy thus one grass and a DCE and I can hit for 20 damage and 2 special conditions. The best start would be spiritomb for early lock while building up Vileplume. Once their locked they won't be able to heal of the effects or retreat leaving them open to full on assults from Leafeon. Unown Q is meant to move Tomb and give Leafeon the free retreat allowing me to cycle between Beautify and Leafeon. Rare Candy is the only trainer I run for quick Plumes/Beautifly's. As for the rest of the supporters I took best judgment on them.

Any help is appreciated, as I'm not sure if this is good (poke-lines, supporters... etc) and this was rly a spur of the moment idea I think could work.

Thanks.

If you're going to make this work as a lock deck as well as status/damage, you're goin to hav to flatline the pokemon lines. However, you've already got way too many pokemon. So, try taking out the lock aspect. So:
Get rid of:
2-1-1 - Vileplume - UD
0-0-1 - Bellossom - UD
1 Bench Shield

And add:
1 Gloom
1 Eevee
1 Silcoon
1 BTS
1 Pokemon Collector
1 Bebe's Search

I kinda like the Vileplume lock in the deck. It helps prevent pesky, warp portals, SSU, Poke Turns ... etc as well trainers that remove special conditions. It would suck to hit with beautifly only to have them retreat/heal/move it in some way and lose all the conditions. I agree the lines need to be thinned out just not sure the best way, maybe:

Remove
-1 Oddish
-1 Bellossom
-1 Bench Shield
-1 PONT

Add
+1 Silcon
+1 Eevee
+1 Collector
+1 Bebe's Search

I like Bellossom for healing but if you think it would work better without it its an easy take out to free up 2 spots.

Take out:
1 Spiritomb because if you go first is not going to help with no bench
1 Bellossom it may heal but its sort of a bench-sitter
Add:
1 Umbreon to stop weakness and give leafeon free retreat
1 Azelf to get any prized pokemon out faster

After a quick re-read of Unown Q I realized it wouldn't help Leafeon X so per suggestions:

Remove
-1 Oddish
-1 Bellossom
-1 Spiritomb
-1 Unown Q
-1 Bench Shield

Add
+1 Silcon
+1 Eevee
+1 Umbreon
+1 Collector
+1 Bebe's Search

Main Post is now updated.

I have built the Miasma Wind Deck already, and it is supposed to be built similarly to an older deck: Flariados. I say take out all the Tombs, Plume and Beautifly.

And add:

3 or 4 Sableye
2-2 or 3-3 Magmortor PT
4-3-1 Leafeon/ Leafeon Lv. X/ Umbreon (MD)/ maybe tech Espeon Prime for type variation (don't have to but can help against Psychic weak decks)

and play Fire and Multi for Magmorter, 3-4 Fire 1-2 Multi 2-3 Grass (For Leafy)

The other Variation that I can think of is:

2-2 Roserade UD
Leafy line above
3-4 Sableye
tech 2-1 Shaymin UD for energy manip when you need it.

Run both Psychic and Grass Energy. Run DCE for Leafy Lv. X's Verdant Dance, and use it's power to attach 1 G and 1 Psychic to Roserade causing Poison and Confusion then Miasma wind for a consistent 100. Or if you have enough energy, use Verdant Dance instead. The best part is that if Leafon gets knocked out, you could probably KO with Roserade via Powerblow and have another Leaf set up in a snap. An advantage this deck has is that it runs Stage 1s. Of course don't forget the Uxie's and Azelf. This should also reduce a little clutter. 28 Pokemon is a lot. This should speed it up a little more.

Hmm the Roserade variant looks interesting I just have a few questions. What ratio of energy would suggest running? Also seeing as I wouldn't be going for the lock anymore I can add in a few more trainers and take out the rare candy's and any less useful supporters in lou of different ones/trainer draw power? Would you suggest any experts and why no Espeon MD? Thanks in advance.

Back