LEAST Favorite Card Art?

Digital Dragon

Thinks Chandelure is the cutest Pokémon
So, we have a thread on your favorite card, but what's your least favorite? I'm interested to find out!

Personally, I dislike Raichu ex from Ex Emerald. It's face is weird, the tail is at an odd angle, and the entire model looks ugly.

image.jpeg

Anything with really bad 3D art.

This grimer looks like it came out of veggie tales.
Grimer__79_147__Aquapolis.jpg

I'm just gonna leave this insult to my favorite pokemon here

Just what is this? can someone tell me? because it sure isn't a misdreavus.

Attachments

• 425px-MisdreavusWizardsPromo39.jpg
    425px-MisdreavusWizardsPromo39.jpg
    85.1 KB · Views: 39
charizard-dragon-dr-100.jpg
I don't even have words to describe how awful this is. Ken Sugimori art or Gen I 3D art could also make it here, but this is something special.

89385_200w.jpg
88795_200w.jpg

Snorlax is my favorite Pokémon and its feet have always been tan. Not just the bottoms, but the entire foot, which since its so fat is rarely drawn with a leg and instead just kind of attached to its big bottom/belly. Maybe some official artwork other than these had it that way, but those were different from what we'd seen in game sprites, in the animation, etc. Not ambitious enough to hunt that down and link to it, but from the official Pokémon Youtube channel:
The Munchlax and Snorlax from the new Sun & Moon games, where you see their feet clearly, with Snorlax's new Z Move even shows how it runs! (skip to 39 seconds in).

I am not sure if it is better or worse that from a gameplay standpoint, these cards weren't good. I do know that adding extra salt to the wound is that the promo above had its art chosen through a contest WotC ran. I participated in that contest and lost... which wouldn't be so bad except its a badly drawn Snorlax (rest of it is a solid idea though; I actually had a confused Pikachu in front of a Snorlax sneaking up behind it in mine, but for the sake of argument, we'll assume my sketch was garbage as well XD). The fact that Rocket's Snorlax was official art may make it worse, but as such I just included both.

This is my least favorite card:

182774.jpg

Just a really creepy card it looks like a killer ape with that posture.

Last edited:
1063355.jpg

Most of the 3D rendered type artworks from the Plasma sets, because the majority of them are cards I would otherwise love to collect in reverse foil if they didn't have such lame art.
There are many counts of art much worse than these, but usually not on Pokémon I would care to collect in the first place.

I've played a lot of Electrode cards over the years; particularly the ones that have accelerating abilities (especially Prime). I like the Pokemon, and I like gimmicky energy acceleration.

But there's one Electrode I refuse to ever use.

I won't even look at it. Literally... it's backwards in my binder so I don't see it.

I swear the artist must have used a hockey player as a smiling model for his... attempt.

ElectrodeAquapolis8.jpg

Back