DPPt/HGSS Lock Capsule and Azure Flute

What pokemon do you think the mysterious Lock Capsule is for?

• Total voters

Joeypals!!

Do you loooooves me? <3
A few minutes ago, I saw this item on bulbapedia.
Bag_Lock_Capsule_Sprite.png
This item is the Lock Capsule, an item coming up in a future HG/SS event. What do you think it might be for? A Jirachi, Deoxys, or other rare pokemon? And as for the Azure Flute, when do you guys think will can come out? Discuss!
EDIT: Article on bulbapedia: http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Lock_Capsule

I really don't know what the Lock Capsule could be for. I have a feeling that the Azure Flute is going to be released right before Black and White come out.

Personally, it sounds like another Red Chain type of thing. The Red Chain was programmed into the game, but never saw use, along with multiple other items.

Well the use of the Lock Capsule is currently unknown since no info has come out from it. The article also states that the Lock Capsule may have something to do with Pokemon Black and White. We can't be for sure until we find out some information on what might be inside the Lock Capsule once there is a key or "secret" key to open it and see what it holds inside. Same with the Red Chain we didn't really see a use for it in the game. Though hopefully this will include some secrets behind it or some usage for it in either the 4th generation games or the 5th generation games.

Possibly contains a part of Reshiram/Zekrom's fossil in B/W that you have to give to TP?

As for the Azure Flute, I think maybe when HS-Triumphant is released or at the end of the Sinnoh Saga in the Anime to signal that it is the end for Sinnoh?

The Azure Flute is to get Arceus in the game (from the Hall of Origin).

I'm gonna be a wishful thinker here and predict the Lock Capsule has to do with Black and White. There's plenty of evidence to support development for BW may have began at least a year ago, overlapping with the end of production on HGSS (3D testing in HGSS, BW being announced in April using the DS as its platform when Game Freak had likely obtained 3DS/other next-gen development kits at least two months earlier, etc.), so I wouldn't call the prospect too far-fetched, especially since there could be a high level of connectivity between the Pokémon generations. Although, maybe it's possible the item might just be some sort of mechanism to prevent game crashes (like Arceus's ???-type).

Concerning the Azure Flute though, I really doubt the Pokémon Company is even going to bother with it, at this point :(. Since HeartGold and SoulSilver don't contain the Hall of Origin event, the mindset of the Pokémon Company is probably not focused at all on Sinnoh, especially now that it's the better half of a year later since Platinum was in the limelight. I don't know if events are still going to be supported for Gen.IV in the future, but with Black and White's Japanese release imminent, there's an increasing potential for Nintendo and its Pokémon-related subsidiaries to completely break away from the past... Though if it were to be distributed, I'd imagine it'd be a Platinum-only Wi-Fi event, in the same vein as the Member's Pass and Oak's Letter.

Back