Looking for something disruptive to play.....

Ckr12dad

Aspiring Trainer
I have been looking for something new. I run a Nido Royalty deck w/ Miltank in extended. For Standard I want something different. I was looking into Raticate Break. Any ideas out there guys?

Raticate BREAK is super fun when paired with Ariados AOR, since it gets that extra 10 damage. Bats might be a good pairing for it too, though Garbodor does a number on poor old Golbat.

M Scizor EX decks are pretty disruptive, with the seeming meteoric rise of fairies. Throw in some hammers and grunts, and you've got yourself a party!

Raticate BREAK is super fun when paired with Ariados AOR, since it gets that extra 10 damage. Bats might be a good pairing for it too, though Garbodor does a number on poor old Golbat.

Some other option for Raticate BREAK could be Bursting Balloon(f the Pokémon this card is attached to is your Active Pokémon and is damaged by an opponent's attack (even if that Pokémon is Knocked Out), put 6 damage counters on the Attacking Pokémon.) to get the KO if they decide to attack you after you attacked them, and Faded Town (At any time between turns, put 2 damage counters on each Mega Evolution Pokémon.) to get the KO on mega pokemon. Absol ROS could be used to move damage, and Yveltal BREAK could also be used as a follow up.

Overall though, I think decks that use Garbodor and\or Giratina EX (Chaos Wheel) are going to be very disruptive as they both provide powerful locks and Giratina EX can wall Mega's (without Garbodor in play.) Another deck that I have seen that can be VERY disruptive in a way, is Jolteon EX(GEN)\Regice(AOR and Glaceon EX(FCO). The idea here is to use Glaceon's attack to wall against evolved pokemon and Jolteon\Regice to wall against basic pokemon\EX pokemon. All of them work with DCE and can use max elixer so it can be quite fast, and none of them use abilities so Garbodor is an option. I also agree with Frosstoise that Mega Scizor decks are very disruptive with their control of special energies and stadiums as well as the option to play Garbordor. The only problem I have with Mega Scizor is the abysmal match-up with Volcanion.

Mega Scizor is a great disruptive deck. Discard energy with both its attack, Crushing Hammers, and Team Flare Grunt. Get rid of stadiums with either Iron Crusher, Delinquent, or Parallel City. This is good against Mega Rayquaza.

M Scizor is also one of the best anti - meta decks in the format. Get rid of M Mewtwos energy while only using two yourself, then survive attacks with resistance. Crush Mega Ray with the aforementioned stadium shenanigans. Destroy Gardevoir and Xerneas with their weaknesses.

The only issue for this deck is Volcanion, but I use Garbodor and two Hex Maniac to at least shut off the abilities so I can hopefully KO the regular Volcanions.

Overall, I really like this decks ability to disrupt and hit quickly for 120 damage, taking two hit KOs on a lot of things.

Back