Ruling Looking Through the Discard Pile

Why wouldn't you be able to?
The discard pile (both of them) are public information. Meaning that both players can look at them without anybody questioning it. Same goes with looking at which of your opponent's Pokemon are Rare Candied, the attacks of them, and everything else on it (just be sure not to do that every turn because people may call you for stalling). Players prizes aren't for anybody to see (except for a judge and when a player uses Azelf Time Walk). The hand of each player is only for the player themselves. And the deck is private to both players unless they are allowed to go into it by some form of attack, power, or trainer/ supporter.
Hope that clears things up a bit.

Lunar Wing, a judge should NEVER look at face down prizes. Also, when a prize is flipped face up, that too is public knowledge

Really. Wow I had no idea. I mean I know it's not right to but I thought they at least had the right to look if they needed to for some reason without giving away the information. Well thanks for letting me know that.

Just a FYI: Keep the amount of times you look through your/your opponents discard pile to a minimum, and keep it brief. You will get called on it otherwise.

Back