• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Lost Dreams (Radiant Charizard / Snorlax / Cramorant / Sableye / Comfey)

Dark Espeon

Dark Avatar
LOST DREAMS

a2b81e675b7faa6deb9c1c79968a65f9--sableye-pokemon-best-pokemon.jpg

Pokémon (12):
1 Radiant Charizard (beatdown)
2 Cramorant S11 (beatdown)
2 Snorlax S10a (beatdown)
2 Sableye S11 (beatdown)
1 Manaphy S9 (protect)
4 Comfey S11 (draw)

Trainer (40):
4 Colress’ Experiment (draw)
2 Boss Orders (control)
2 Bird Keeper (draw)
1 Hisuian Heavy Ball (search)
3 Mirage Gate (accelerate)
4 Scoop Up Net (retrieval)
2 Ordinary Rod (retrieval)
2 Choice Belt (beatdown)
1 Lost Sweeper (discard)
2 Escape Rope (control)
3 PokéGear 2.0 (search)
2 Air Balloon (retreat)
2 Switch Cart (retreat)
4 Fog Crystal (search)
4 Quick Ball (search)
2 Poké Stop (draw)

Energy (08):
4 Psychic Energy
4 Fire Energy

STRATEGY:

Start with Comfey and use Flower Picking to draw one card and discard another one into the Lost Zone. The deck needs two Comfey and one Cramorant out one the first turn. Make sure to have four cards in the Lost Zone one the first turn to attack with Cramorant. Next turn draw same more cards and ensure to have seven cards in the Lost Zone to activate Mirage Gate to fuel Snorlax. Snorlax is the mid-game attacker and combos well with Sableye to knock out Pokémon Vstar in two hits. Radiant Charizard is the cleaner in this deck and has his attack cost reduced to one Basic Fire Energy once the opponent has taken four prize cards. However due to Mirage Gate he can also be used once the opponent has taken three prize cards.

SPOILERS:

Cramorant
Basic Water Pokémon
HP: 110
Ability: Lost Supply
If you have 4 cards or more in your Lost Zone, ignore all Energy in this Pokémon’s attack costs.
[W][W][C] Conniving Spit: 110
This attack’s damage isn’t affected by Weakness.
Retreat Cost: C
Weakness: L

Snorlax
Basic Colorless Pokémon
HP: 150
Ability: Tranquil Blubber
Prevent all effects of attacks from your opponent’s Pokémon done to this Pokemon.
[C][C][C] Heavy Snoring: 180
This Pokémon is now asleep. During Pokémon checkup, flip 2 coins instead of 1. If either of them is tails, this Pokémon remains asleep.
Retreat Cost: CCCC
Weakness: F

Sableye
Basic Psychic Pokémon
HP: 80
[C] Scratch: 20
[P] Lost Mine
You may use this attack only if you have 10 cards or more in the Lost Zone. Put 12 damage counters on your opponent’s Pokémon in play in any way you like.
Weakness: D
Resistance: F

Comfey
Basic Psychic Pokémon
HP: 70
Ability: Flower Picking
Once during your turn, if this Pokémon is in the active spot, you may look at the top 2 cards of your deck and put 1 of them into your hand. Put the other card in the Lost Zone.
[P][C] Spinning Attack: 30
Weakness: M

Colress’ Experiment
Trainer - Supporter
Look at the top 5 cards of your deck. Put 3 of them in your hand and put the remaining cards in the Lost Zone.

Mirage Gate
Trainer - Item
You may play this card only if you have 7 cards or more in your Lost Zone.
Search your deck for up to 2 Basic Energy of different types, and attach them to your Pokémon in any way you like. Then shuffle your deck.

Lost Sweeper
Trainer - Item
Put a card from your hand into the Lost Zone in order to use this card.
Choose either a Pokemon Tool card or Stadium card in play (yours or your opponent’s) and put it into the Lost Zone.

CARD SHARK:

Pokémon:

1 Radiant Charizard: This card is the cleaner of this deck. Once the opponent has taken three prize cards Mirage Gate allows Radiant Charizard to attack out of nowhere and knock out Pokémon Vstar in one hit with Choice Belt.

2 Snorlax: Snorlax hits for a solid number and can take down evolved one-prize Pokémon. He also combos well with Sableye to knock out a Pokémon Vstar in two hits and get two support Pokémon within Lost Mine range.

2 Cramorant: This Pokémon attacks for free on the first turn due to the Lost Zone mechanic.

1 Manaphy: Protect the bench from Radiant Greninja and Regileki.

2 Sableye: Lost Mine is the spread attack in this deck which allows you to place twelve damage counters on the opponent's board once you have ten cards in the Lost Zone. This allows Sableye to hunt down benched Sobbles and other evolving support Pokémon to draw two prizes at once. He can also be used to finish off Pokémon Vstar that have been attacked with Snorlax and prepare one or two additional Pokémon on the bench to allow the next attacker to hit the relevant numbers to knock them out in one turn.

4 Comfey: Flower Picking is the main draw engine in this deck and can draw two to four cards each turn with the switch and retreat items used in this deck. In addition Flower Picking fills the Lost Zone and thus activates Lost Supply on Cramorant within one turn and the precondition to use Mirage Gate in one more turn.

Supporter:

4-2 Colress' Experiment and Bird Keeper:
Colress' Experiment draws five cards from the top of the deck. You can keep three of them and send the other two cards into the Lost Zone.This card thus provides raw draw power and accelerates the conditions that activate the Lost Zone related cards in this deck. Bird Keeper is the second draw supporter in this deck. He draws three cards and can be used to switch into a Comfey to further increase the hand size.

2 Boss Order: Gust is needed in almost all decks and enables the deck to uptrade against Pokémon Vstar decks.

Items:

4-4-1 Quick Ball, Fog Crystal, and Hisuian Heavy Ball:
All three cards can be used to search out Basic Pokémon. Quick Ball is the most universal Pokémon search card in this deck but Fog Crystal can also be used to search out Basic Psychic Energy at the cost of being limited to search for Confey and Sableye in this deck. Heavy Ball is used to search for prized Pokémon.

4-2-2-2 Scoop Up Net, Escape Rope, Switch Cart, and Air Balloon: Since Comfey is the main draw engines in this deck and also used to fill the Lost Zone you want to use multiple Flower Pickings per turn until there are ten cards in the Lost Zone. All four cards help to achieve this aim. Scoop Up Net returns Comfey to the hand and resets it's condition to be used. Switch Cart is an upgrade to Switch in this deck since we run Basic Pokémon only. This card switches out an active Pokémon and heals 30 damage. Escape Rope switches both active Pokémon to the bench and also serves as a counter to Empoleon V and a fourth gust effect. Air Ballon is more passiv but allows Comfey to retreat for free which enables the deck to promote a Comfey whenever one of your attackers has been knocked out.

3 Mirage Gate: This card provides the needed acceleration for Snorlax and the two other attackers.

3 PokéGear 2.0: Searches the top seven cards for a draw supporter such as Colress' Experiment or a Boss' Orders. This card helps to thin out Supporter and increase the draw wih Poké Stop while also providing stable access to Colress' Experiment.

1 Lost Sweeper: Used to discard stadium cards such as Path to the Peak and tools that increase the health of the defender.

2 Ordinary Rod: Recovers discarded Pokémon and Basic Energy. This allows the deck to bypass the detrimental effect of Poké Stop and also enables it to reuse Radiant Charizard combined with Mirage Gate.

2 Choice Belt: This card enables Radiant Charizard to knock out Pokémon Vstar in one hit and allows Snorlax to knock out at least some Pokémon V.

Stadium:

2 Poké Stop:
This stadium serves as an additional draw engine. Since half of the deck consists of item cards this stadium usual draws two cards. Combined with Comfey and PokéGear 2.0 this allows you to run through the deck faster and makes it more consistant. You can retrieve discarded Pokémon and Basic Energy with Ordinary Rod while PokéGear 2.0 thins the supporter in this deck.

Energy:

4-4 Psychic and Fire Energy:
The deck runs an even break of Basic Fire and Basic Psychic Energy to fuel Radiant Charizard, Snorlax and Sableye. The even break also works well with Mirage Gate which can be used once there are seven cards in the Lost Zone.

Visual Decklist:

Bild.jpg

Last edited:

Draskk

Blast From The Past
Two or three copies of Choice Belt would go a long way; allows Snorlax to OHKO most basic Vs, Cramorant to 2HKO most VSTARs, and Charizard to OHKO all VSTARs. I also don't really think you need to play four Mirage Gate in this deck given that you have two viable attackers that can attack for either one energy or for free (three if you include Charizard). Avery is good, but I think that there are better uses of deckspace than the second in the current meta. I would recommend:

-1 Mirage Gate
-1 Avery
-1 Switch Cart
+3 Choice Belt

Outside of this, I really like the deck. It seems relatively viable, and I always have a soft spot for single prizers.

Dark Espeon

Dark Avatar
Hi Draskk,

Thanks for the review. Yes two copies of Choice Belt would be nice in this deck. Guess I can cut some of the cards you mentioned:

- 1 Escape Rope or switch Cart (still unsure which one of these two to cut)
- 1 Mirage Gate

+ 2 Choice Belt

At the moment I run Marnie instead of Avery after some test runs but either Avery or Bird Keeper are still considered in this slot. Three Mirage Gate could be sufficient to enable Snorlax to attack reasonable soon and to use Radiant Charizard with two to three energies taken by the opponent. Another card that I consider in this deck is Klara to retrieve both Radiant Charizard and Sableye late i the match with their corresponding energy costs.

Note: The list above has been edited to include the modifications. For now I removed one Escape Rope but I am still unsure on whether to cut one Escape Rope or one Switch Cart.

Last edited:

Dark Espeon

Dark Avatar
Hi folks,

Modified the deck a little after a few test matches. It turned out that Bird Keeper works better than Marnie in this deck since it allos me to lost zone switch cards and also provides additional draw to get out of a late game Roxanne.

professsorpoke

NO 3 S's is not a typo
2 Bird Keeper 2 Switching Cart 2 Balloon AND 3 Pokegear plus the auto include of 4 Nets seems a bit much, you could probably cut one of those.

Dark Espeon

Dark Avatar
Hi professsorpoke,

Thanks for the review. Not sure on the reduction of the switch cards since they seem to be needed to navigate between attackers and Comfey. You need to take into account that some of them could be prized or sent to the lost zone an you need two switch cards in the first few turns to unlock all attackers by turn three. I am considering to cut Pal Pad for a tech Manaphy since I do not tend to use it that often. I feel the three PokéGear 2.0 are needed to secure a Colress Experiment on turn two going first or on turn one going second.