Votes: 2 7.1%
  • I don't know what to think.

Votes: 13 46.4%
  • I'm leaving the game.

Votes: 3 10.7%

• Total voters

MyNameIsMaddox

I has gud gramer.I no ned 2 improf.
Is the Lost Zone really something to be that afraid of? I mean I don't know what to think. It sounds kinda scary but I honestly don't know what to think. Is it gonna be like Devoluter (I was really afraid of it for a while thats why I stopped using Rare Candy for a Battle Roads) or is it gonna be the worst thing that ever happened ever?

Okay, first of all the poll options are very annoying. Basically they're: it's bad, it's bad, it's bad, not sure, it's bad. What do you think people are going to pick? Anyway, I'm sure it will be fine, it's not like every Pokemon will be able to use it, but obviously it's powerful... So what?

None of the Pokemon that uses it are fast enough to be of use, and it'll probably go away soon, so I won't worry.

All Lost Zone attacks usually come with heavy energy cost for balance so it's not really threat as long your deck's decent enough.

PokeJake said:
Okay, first of all the poll options are very annoying. Basically they're: it's bad, it's bad, it's bad, not sure, it's bad. What do you think people are going to pick? Anyway, I'm sure it will be fine, it's not like every Pokemon will be able to use it, but obviously it's powerful... So what?

Hey It's different levels of badness.

2d165 said:
Still, you're not giving enough options for people to choose from. A poll should have options from both sides of whatever it is that you're talking about. Some people who hate the Lost Zone idea will obviously pick one of the three "it's bad" options, but what are the people who like the idea of the Lost Zone supposed to pick?

2d165 said:
PokeJake said:

how do you know its automatically going to be bad. it could be good for some. think like shockwave and imprison markers. not everyone used or liked them yet some people did. and then they went away. you should be happy that the game we are all involved in is still willing to try new things to keep the game interesting even if not all of their ideas turn out to be good. personally i would like to send people into the lost zone who are bagging new game mechanics that we don't even have or fully know how they will work. and lastly can you add some positive options to your poll. thanks

As mentioned above, most of these attacks have very heavy costs associated with them. Palkia G Lv. X for example. You clear your opponent's bench, but you have to do the same to yourself. Odds are, there will be a future mechanic in the game that will allow cards to come back from the Lost zone. It's pretty new at the moment, and we haven't seen the newest set yet. Maybe those gym leaders will have something up their sleeves.

Think what you all want, but once I spread like crazy with Giratina, devolve your whole bench with Omastar, finish off basics with Giratina and send them all to your Lost Zone leaving your hand with nothing but useless evolutions, don't get mad at me. Get mad at the Lost Zone.

George2FRESH said:
Think what you all want, but once I spread like crazy with Giratina, devolve your whole bench with Omastar, finish off basics with Giratina and send them all to your Lost Zone leaving your hand with nothing but useless evolutions, don't get mad at me. Get mad at the Lost Zone.
One word: Machamp.

Lost Zone is Quite Scary, since there are no cards that could bring pokemon back from it. I hope that they continue to do that. If they find cards to bring pokemon back from the Lost Zone, it will become another discard pile. Like cards that are removed from play in Yu-gi-oh.

Zyflair said:
George2FRESH said:
One word: Machamp.

Which I'm wondering how that would happen if I devolved your evo's and sent your basics to the Lost Zone...?

That's just like saying Mewtwo would pwn AMU. Did it? Not in my area it didn't. I didn't see ONE Mewtwo Lv. X at my BR's.

Of course there's always going to be a Pokemon that counters another. That's just the way the game is. But people act as if that's the only deck that'll see play. If I ever ran into Machamp with a Giratina deck, I'd find my way around.

Still, its not like Giratina is easy to set up. Its still snipeable. Manectric you say? He doesn't save his own skin, so we'll snipe that first.
That strategy you described there should work with other pokes as well, yet it doesn't (Not very well, anyway). So why would a harder to set up variety work? Just because it sends stuff to the Lost Zone rather then to the discard pile? Hmyeah, I...have my doubts.
I like the Lost Zone though, as long as they keep it a bit small, something that might pop up once every ten games. Not like in Yugioh, where the whole game seems to resolve around the Removed From Game area.

@everyone not hyping Giratina in this thread:
(Note how this is the same fan club that has been hyping T-tar for a while now.)
If T-tar is so good according to you guys, then Giratina LV X is way better. For starters, it has 10 more HP with Snowpoint (which you should play anyway), needs 1 less Energy, its basic has attacks that actually helps the sniping/discarding, it sends things to the Lost Zone, has a Body that is actually inevitable and will be a pain for all non-discarding decks, doesn't require more than 4 deck slots ever, and looks way cooler and more evil.
But yeah, let's just agree that Giratina is too energy-heavy, thus rendering T-tar even more useless than it already is.
Also slightly more on-topic: I think the Lost Zone is a pretty cool guy, but only because of Palkia/Dialga X G. Palkia X G is particularly good with LV MAX since you can then drop Palkia + the X in one turn, since you'd want to keep it on the Bench (to eventually send it away yourself for free space) or, in a G deck, you can attack with it as well. As for its attack, it's just Empoleon X on rails. Don't forget Energy Gain, and 3 for an 80 snipe is by no means bad. If you try to disregard that, ask yourself why you've been hyping Raichu.
Dialga G X is also an excellent tech with LV MAX for the same reason, shutting down a lot of decks. Also its attack is nicely combo'd with Energy Gain again.

I love how your argument just forgets about how Tyranitar has this little body charging him up, has access to Weavile, isn't insta-KO'd by Machamp and can be just evolved rather than levelled up (Evolving is still easier due to bench access).

Ariadosguy said:
And plus, Unown G would beat Machamp.
Fine, I'll KO you the ol' fashioned way. It's not hard dealing tons of damage using rage.
George2FRESH said:
Zyflair said:
Which I'm wondering how that would happen if I devolved your evo's and sent your basics to the Lost Zone...?

That's just like saying Mewtwo would pwn AMU. Did it? Not in my area it didn't. I didn't see ONE Mewtwo Lv. X at my BR's.

Of course there's always going to be a Pokemon that counters another. That's just the way the game is. But people act as if that's the only deck that'll see play. If I ever ran into Machamp with a Giratina deck, I'd find my way around.
Mewtwo vs AMU Matchup is beyond repair. End of that story. You can't truly counter a Machamp using an Unown G and Omastars. Seriously, Omastars means that you have to run at least a 2-1-2 (or 2-0-2) line and 4 Warp Points to actually remove the pesky Machamp right in front of you on a consistent basis. Unown G? There's another 4 spaces used up in your deck. Machamp will plow through, knowing that you can't fight it effectively for four straight turns.

StealthAngel667 said:
@everyone not hyping Giratina in this thread:
(Note how this is the same fan club that has been hyping T-tar for a while now.)
If T-tar is so good according to you guys, then Giratina LV X is way better. For starters, it has 10 more HP with Snowpoint (which you should play anyway), needs 1 less Energy, its basic has attacks that actually helps the sniping/discarding, it sends things to the Lost Zone, has a Body that is actually inevitable and will be a pain for all non-discarding decks, doesn't require more than 4 deck slots ever, and looks way cooler and more evil.
But yeah, let's just agree that Giratina is too energy-heavy, thus rendering T-tar even more useless than it already is.
Also slightly more on-topic: I think the Lost Zone is a pretty cool guy, but only because of Palkia/Dialga X G. Palkia X G is particularly good with LV MAX since you can then drop Palkia + the X in one turn, since you'd want to keep it on the Bench (to eventually send it away yourself for free space) or, in a G deck, you can attack with it as well. As for its attack, it's just Empoleon X on rails. Don't forget Energy Gain, and 3 for an 80 snipe is by no means bad. If you try to disregard that, ask yourself why you've been hyping Raichu.
Dialga G X is also an excellent tech with LV MAX for the same reason, shutting down a lot of decks. Also its attack is nicely combo'd with Energy Gain again.
I've been hyping Raichu because he is a great card!
Also I probalbly need to go back and examine the Galcactic Conquest set cards.

Back