Lostgar [ Gengar (Prime) / Lost World ]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Futa

Aspiring Trainer
Lostgar

94-gengar.jpg
81-lost-world.jpg

NOTE: This thread is for discussing the deck in general. Below is a basic deck list and a basic strategy.

Pokemon (21)

1x Gengar Lv.X
3x Gengar (Prime) TM
3x Haunter TM
4x Gastly SF
1x Uxie Lv.X
2x Uxie LA
1x Mew (Prime) TM
1x Spiritomb TM
1x Mr. Mime CL
1x Mesprit LA
1x Smeargle UD
1x Azelf LA
1x Unown Q

Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums (28)

4x Seeker
3x Pokemon Collector
3x Pokemon Communication
3x Bebe's Search
3x Rare Candy
3x Twins
2x Lost World
2x Broken Time-Space
2x Looker's Investigation
1x Palmer's Contribution
1x VS Seeker
1x Luxury Ball

Energy (11)

9x Basic Psychic Energy
2x Rescue Energy

Strategy
Setup Gengar Prime as fast as possible and attach lots of Psychic Energy on to Gengar to put a lot of Pokemon from your opponent's hand and into the Lost Zone quickly. Once your opponent has six Pokemon in the Lost Zone, play Lost World and choose to win the game.

Should Mew Prime be used?

Also, has Lost World been proven to be in the next set?

I think mew prime should be used, since it allows pretty good recovery after having killed a gengar.

No, but it is widely believed to be in the next set.

I think we've come to the conclusion that Lost World will be in CoL, but we can't be entirely sure.

I think Mew Prime would be a good way to use LostGar, as it doesn't get outsped quite as much, and can get going T2. However, it is NOT good against DGX, and has such little HP that you'll be using the space you made by eliminating the Gengar line with recovery. However, keep in mind, this deck's advantage is that it's fast. In any deck, you want to maximize whatever advantage it has in any way you can, and worry less about weaknesses. However, that said, I think it would be a great idea to include Snowpoint Temple and maybe some E-Belts: if your opponent can't do 100 damage the next turn to get the KO, particularly early-game, you can always belt the Mew and put up Snowpoint Temple; you'd just have to keep in mind that counter Stadiums can be played, and being KOd for 2 prizes is never fun.

^ but if you LZ 3 guys (assuming that you actually put more psychic energies on it.) then you have drawn half your prizes. have 2 energies on the next mew and you can LZ 2 more and then the last mew will have 1 psychic and then you win next turn with lost world. youve only given 4 prizes and you already have all 6 of your prizes in the LZ. i really hope they up the number of pokemon to be in the LZ to at least 9

mew would be pretty horrible in a mirror match, and there is going to be a ton of mirror matches.

^pretty much who ever goes first wins lol...or if the opponent is smart and doesnt keep poke in the hand

^Wrong. In Mewgar vs. Mewgar, Whoever lost zones a Gengar first is prolly gonna lose. Think about it: Player A goes first and lost zones a Gengar. Player B goes second and uses the already lost zoned Gengar to use Hurl Into Darkness. Now the LZ situation is: Player A, 2. Player B, 0. Think about it.

-sillykyle!

^And that, sirs, is why you tech a BFBX. Get it out and start Jet Shooting those Mews; if they LZ a Gengar, then bring out your Mew and start LZing their guys.

I think this discussion should go with cards legal AFTER the 2011 rotation. With the SP-engine going, this deck have no chance at all.

^ actually this deck will replace SP's. you can tech in other things besides BFBX you can do anything psychic to take out mew but then you have gengar pf they decide to run it that way.

I just have gengar in mine, no mew prime:

http://www.pokebeach.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=91769

That's my list if anyone wants to look/comment on it

Not every Lost World deck requires the addition of Mew to be successful. I would even argue that Mew would be prize fodder for any fast and hard hitting decks.

Absol G Lv.X destroys Gengar AND Mew. 70x2=140 KO+discard useless Pokemon in hand. And if you use it right you might be able to use Lost World against them.

i really do believe that this deck is over hyped for this format. Everyone needs to realize that the reason why its doing good in japan is because they have a HGSS on format which is much slower than ours. sp stil out speeds it and like someone had mention Absol G X destroys it.

^They also play a 4-prize game and still need 6 Pokémon in the LZ to win, and yet LostGar is dominating the format. Yeah, that more than makes up for the format change, unless SP is more than 1.5x faster than other decks they have (which it's not, particularly when LostGar starts with Spiritomb...)
Besides, the slower format also makes LostGar slower. It was affected just as much as any other deck in terms of speed.

At venusaur X.
I personally think that Weaviles by far better, because you have collector. Palkia's too slow for the deck imo(Spray is also an option). Weavile is probably better because it's a basic vs level x situation, and you can just play a weavile and a dark in sp's and still be fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back