Lucario from Call of Legends (#14) [4/1]

dmaster

Aspiring Trainer
Elite Member
Advanced Member
cotdcopy.png

14-lucario.jpg

Guiding questions:
1. How does the card stand on its own? Is it good, bad, or have potential? Is it worth being played?
2. What popular metagame decks could it be used in?
3. What combos can you use it with? How so?
4. Give it a rating, and explain why you have given it that rating. You can also rate the card by rating the thread itself (out of 5 stars).
5. How's the artwork?

Posts MUST be several sentences long with proper grammar and spelling or they will be deleted - this forum is to discuss specific cards so other people can learn about their potential in the current metagame.

1. How does the card stand on its own? Is it good, bad, or have potential? Is it worth being played?
on its own, not really. 3 for 70 is not going to be your main attack, at least it shouldn't be.
nothing meta, but it can go ok in anything running mew prime or absol prime
Absol prime would be the main combo, while Relicanth CoL and mew prime are also good partners for it.
4. Give it a rating, and explain why you have given it that rating. You can also rate the card by rating the thread itself (out of 5 stars).
3.5, it would be 4+ if lostgar wasn't such a huge threat to it.
5. How's the artwork?
rather amazing, best Lucario artwork I've ever seen. 9/10

1: On it's own, it would depend on just what kind of deck you ran. If you are using a Lost Zone deck, then Dimension Sphere can prove to be a very useful move. Failing that, Sky Uppercut stands up for itself due to the attack strength not being weakened by Resistance.
2: Any deck that is built around sending Pokémon to the Lost Zone would benefit for having this card included, as it provides you with a 2 energy move that can reach staggering damage fairly quickly, especially if you prepare beforehand (E.G using Mew Prime's Send Off move)
3: Sky Uppercut can be quickly powered up. As the move's Damage is not affected by Resistance, it will always deal at the minimum 70 damage (Excluding Weakness and Steel Types equipped with Special Metal Energy). Using cards like PlusPower and Expert Belt allows it to do more damage, and can effectively turn it into a sweeper if you can get it prepared quickly enough.
4: Out of 5, I'll give it a 4. If Dimension Sphere was any different, i would have rated it higher, but outside of a Lost Zone deck it's a pretty weak move. Sky Uppercut however saves it.
5: The artwork for the card is pretty cool, showing the Pokémon launching one of its signature moves.

Reviewing

-Its a good card, it haves potential.
-Popular IDK, but read 3.
-Mew Prime and Lost Zone will be a fun deck
-I'll give it a 3.5 'cuz the HP its typically for a Lucario, the attacks are good for a Stage 1 Pokémon.
5. How's the artwork?
I'll give it a 4.5, because I don't like the Lucario's Face, lol.

1. I personally feel as though this Lucario is far too overlooked. In a day when people quickly fear Lost-Gengar decks, it could be a key player in a Mew Prime deck, since it attacks as easily as a Double Colorless Energy and 1-shots Lost-Gars with 5 in the Lost Zone (or 4 and a belt)
2. As I mentioned, with Mew Prime, either as a tech or with Mew Prime as the tech.
3. Aside from the Mew Prime that's been mentioned ten times, you could also mix in Palkia G LvX to toss out your used Uxies, and even do some Mesprite drops to cripple your opponents early game, and throw them to the Lost Zone to power up Lucky even more. The great thing is if you're not facing a Lost-Gengar deck, you can keep throwing them away to mass up ridiculous amounts of damage that you can set up in a single turn if one gets KO-ed (BTS+DCE)
4. I rate this 4.5/5, only because of its HP. I feel this card is severely overlooked as a competitive card, but the HP could still give it problems. Then again, every good deck has its problems.
5. 5/5 score for the artwork. The stylized graphic is quite invigorating for being quite possibly the best Lucario released, when used strategically. Also, it looks like it could be a snapshot taken from a Super Smash Bros Brawl scene.

5. How's the artwork?

1. Lucario? No doubt! its my favourite pokemon! This card has alot of potential if lost world isn't here. It is worth being played and it can be a deck alone. Do take a look at my thread : http://www.teamrobo.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=1470 . A lucario deck is what i wanted long time ago and towards the release of CL, i have been interested in this card.
2. Pop metagames? as said, Lucario + Palkia G level X/Mew prime, flood your lost zone with pokemons and then dimension sphere.
3. Palkia G level X / Mew prime / Absol prime / Relicanth CL.
4. 4/5. It has much potentials and would be quite a great deck to be used.
5. No doubts. LUCARIO! What do i expect? its cool enough to be rated 5/5 !!

Back