• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Machamp for Battle Roads-Fall (Masters)

SaneKane

Aspiring Trainer
Machamp eatin' up your unevolved. {F}

POKEMON: 23
Stage 2: 6
2 : Politoed, UL-7
4 : Machamp, SF-20
Stage 1: 6
2 : Lumineon, SF-4
2 : Machoke, SF-41
1 : Poliwhirl, UL-37
Basic: 11
2 : Poliwag, UL-58
2 : Finneon, SF-61
4 : Machop, SF-64
2 : Uxie, LA-43

TRAINERS: 27
Trainers: 15
4 : Pokemon Communication, GS-98
3 : Warp Point, MD-88
4 : Rare Candy, SS-88
4 : Super Scoop Up, UL-83
1 : Luxury Ball, SF-86
Supporters: 9
3 : Looker's Investigation PL-109
2 : Bebe's Search, RR-89
4 : Pokemon Collector, GS-97
1 : Palmer's Contribution, SV-139
Stadiums: 3
4 : Broken Time-Space, PL-104

ENERGY: 10
Basic Energy: 10
9 : Fighting Energy, GS-120

Strategy: Set up Machamp and hope for a donk. Later on use Politoed to switch out to Lumineon to get a basic out of your opponent's hand. Sandslash SV serves as an optional energy engine (kinda like a mini-Interviewer's Questions). SSU's for Uxies and to refresh Machamps if I have BTS out.

First time going into Battle Roads and I could use some pointers. This is the first deck I built and I figured with all the SP's going around and the removal of Unown G, Machamp will be decent.

Any help would be appreciated.

machamp is meant to be a speedy, donk oriented deck. adding in an additional 3 evolution lines is going to make that nearly impossible. lumineon by itself is gimmicky, let alone with politoed. playing 2 bebe search in a trainer-lock filled format makes it even worse. drop the entire line for 2 more bebe, an uxie x, an unown q, and an azelf. that should help your consistency, if only slightly.

I would go with a pokemon line like this:

4-2-3-1 Machamp
1-0-1 exploud
3-1 uxie
2 smeargle
1 unown q
1 chatot
1 relecanth
1 azelf

then fill in the rest with speed....

I can see the synergy between Politoed and Lumineon to net donkfests.

-1 Sandshrew
-1 Sandslash
-1 Warp Point
-1 Judge
-2 PONT
-1 Fighting
+3 Lookers
+1 Collector
+2 Communication
+1 BTS

Best to have maxed out consistency, as well as Lookers to decide weither you want to use Lumineon or not.

I've been play testing the deck and Lumineon+Politoed doesn't take that long to set up, and doesn't seem to limit Machamp's donking ability. Lumineon works well without Politoed, by using a warpoint/SSU than retreating to Lumineon. The only thing that I've noticed is if I already have either tech out getting Finneon/Poliwhirl/Poliwag is a major dead draw. Starting out with Finneon or Poliwag isn't that bad, Finneon can snipe for 10 for no energy and Poliwag has Call for Family, although you can only get one basic.

Adding in Lookers sounds like an awesome idea and more Communications could help.

Sandslash was really filler/optional to get out energy if you're starved or after you just Palmer'd later in the game.

Thanks for the quick feedback guys.

Edited deck list to add in changes. Any other opinions would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Back