Mandibuzz + Spreaders

DigiMatt

Guillotine is legit
73-mandibuzz.jpg

HGSS-on

I am thinking cards like Haunter, Espeon, and other such Spreaders could make this card eat away at your opponents bench while going around their active.

Start it out with Gastly(and soon-to-be Haunter) and get the ball rolling, and when you're done get a free retreat to bring out Mandibuzz(Professor Elm). Say there's a Zekrom out there, DCE'd up and ready to go on the assault. Bummer, we're weak against it. But we can survive at least two regular attacks from him. That's two turns to knock his bench around. Retreat. Bring out Espeon. Spread some chaos around while healing up. Retreat, bring out Haunter(if you haven't Professor Elm'd him out yet, what were you waiting on?). Put a little more pressure on the bench. Haunter took some damage? Its cool. Bring out a fresh Mandibuzz. Take out some more bench'd Pokemon. All the while getting more Haunter, Mandibuzz, or some other Tool on your own bench to back'em up. Throw out some potions when the counters are getting up there.

Whatcha think?

Seems very fragile compared to other Mandibuzz builds. Haunter and Espeon could be decent, but there are better techs for it out there. One of the more common builds people are running is something similar to:

4-4 Mandibuzz
2-1-2 Kingdra Prime
4 Absol TR
Total: 17

Start with Absol to get damage counters on your opponents bench when they drop their basics, Kingdra refreshes damage if they heal somebody with Spray Splash and Mandibuzz is obviously the main attacker.

You could possibly run Mandibuzz with Kingdra (prime). Also you could also run something on your bench like hypno or roserade with rainbow energys so that there active pokemon has a hard time attacking while you keep sniping.

Run Tyranitar Prime with Mandibuzz, use Darkness Howl to spread damage then bring up Mandibuzz to Blindside later after they KO your T-Tar Prime. Absol Prime isn't bad but against MewGar you never want to attack with it since it's mainly good early to mid game for Eye of Disaster.

Setting up with Cleffa helps to get T-Tar going. Alot of times Eeeek makes up for not getting a Collector 1st turn sometimes. Then you also have PONT which is amazing with Cleffa cause it's a double draw, you PONT first, play your stuff, Eeeek to draw a new hand, wake up Cleffa, play your new hand, Eeeek to draw a new hand, etc.

What about spiritomb tr? It can place a damage counter on all pokemon of a type of your choice for a psychic energy. Not awful for a basic

Kingdra >>>>> Ampharos. Seriously, Ampharos Prime only places the damage whenever your opponent attaches an Energy card to one of his or her Pokemon. Kingdra can place damage anytime on any Pokemon. Only being able to snipe attackers isn't as good as being able to snipe any Pokemon. On top of that, Kingdra improves your Donphan matchup greatly.

Card Slinger J said:
Run Tyranitar Prime with Mandibuzz, use Darkness Howl to spread damage then bring up Mandibuzz to Blindside later after they KO your T-Tar Prime. Absol Prime isn't bad but against MewGar you never want to attack with it since it's mainly good early to mid game for Eye of Disaster.

Setting up with Cleffa helps to get T-Tar going. Alot of times Eeeek makes up for not getting a Collector 1st turn sometimes. Then you also have PONT which is amazing with Cleffa cause it's a double draw, you PONT first, play your stuff, Eeeek to draw a new hand, wake up Cleffa, play your new hand, Eeeek to draw a new hand, etc.

Playing Cleffa also means your opponent gets a free prize if you decide to use darkness howl. 2 hits, it's dead.

If you say cleffa dies anyway, cleffa is for more than just eek - its for stalling, free PonT, free retreat, and for revenge KO's.

I still think despite that, ttar needs cleffa for that turn 2 howl, ehich CAN be just about guaranteed. I currently question mandibuzz; might the deck be better as speed spread? How would it do against the top donchamp and magboar builds?

Kittymew said:
I still think despite that, ttar needs cleffa for that turn 2 howl, ehich CAN be just about guaranteed. I currently question mandibuzz; might the deck be better as speed spread? How would it do against the top donchamp and magboar builds?

Magboar wouldn't be a problem I think. Apart from having to discard 3 cards for megaton tail, it can ohko magmortar if it flips heads, and use darkness howl if it flips tails. The only chance ttar has against Donchamp is Mandibuzz, sad to say.

Back