MARVEL VS CAPCOM 3: FATE OF TWO WORLDS JUST ANNOUNCED!!!!!

Blackmage96

Herp Derp
I am literally freaking out right now. FREAKING OUT!

Marvel VS Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds trailer:

http://www.joystiq.com/2010/04/20/marvel-vs-capcom-3-fate-of-two-worlds-ps3-xbox-360-spring-2011/#comments

RE: MARVEL VS CAPCOM 3: FATE OF TWO WORLDS JUST ANNOUNCED!

did you ever participate in the $500 tournies? i did...and won. hehe.

ill leave it out in the air. not quite sure bout it, but from the trailer they released....

Nah, I like fighters, but I don't play competivetly. Im more of an action/platformer type, but I did enjoy quite a few fighters in the past such as Tekken 6 and Street Fighter II

I really like the SF4esqe graphics and it will be truly impressive if they had more characters than MVC2 which had an insane amount of characters already. Being a sequel, it's almost a given, but still.

This is pretty awesome. I played the original in the arcade. The animation is really cool!

we dont know what the animation is going to be. xD

r3skyline said:
we don't know what the animation is going to be. xD
We might not find out until summer of 2010 or later like fall. The game seems to be cool. The trailer was epic, though I hope they show some game play trailers. :p

theyre using the RE5/Lost planet 2 engine, so doubt wii wouldve been able to handle it neway.

that and wii is more of a family oriented console. =/

almost forgot.

• The game is set for a spring 2011 release date on the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360.

• Right now the development team is looking at having about 30 characters — or so — in the roster.

• Seth Killian said that fans can expect "a healthy dose of new blood" when it comes to fighter selection.

• It's a 3-on-3 tag team fighting game, players build their own squads and uses Assists as well. Very similar to MvC2.

• The title uses an advanced version of Capcom's MT Framework, which powered Resident Evil 5 and Lost Planet 2.

• MvC3 has aerial combos, hyper combos and other original gameplay systems.

• The game is officially titled Marvel vs. Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds.

• The goal is to get 100 pieces of music in the game, that includes old favorites, new tracks and remixes. The 'Take You For A Ride' song won't be returning, at least, it's not planned right now.

• There are no plans for an arcade, PC or Wii version.

• The team behind this wants this game to have a strong storyline.

• Development started on MvC3 in the summer of 2008.

Cannot wait. Even though I suck at Capcom fighting games, I still love playing them for some reason.

After 10 years, it's about time. >_>

The trailer looked pretty cool, but I'm disappointed it didn't show any gameplay. The reduced roster compared to the original MVC and MVC2 is also kind of depressing, but if they make most of the characters good, then I'll be happy. In MVC2 competitive play, only like, 20-26 of the 56 playable characters were good.

I'm looking forward to it. I highly, highly doubt we'll see a release date this year. We get Super Street Fighter 4 next week, so probably that time next year is when MVC3 will be out.

30 players seems a bit thin when the last version had.... 56 was it?

Without derailing the thread, a lot has changed in both these brands in the last ten years, which leads to some characters deserving to be in MvC3 that had no need of being in MvC2. On the Capcom side, DANTE has to be in MvC3. If he's not, heads will roll. On the Marvel side, Deadpool and Norman Osborn (the Green Goblin) are a lot more relevant that they were 10 years ago, especially with Norman now being one of the most powerful people in the world. Emma Frost has also played a more dominant role in X-Men plotlines than 10 years ago. Also, Charles Xavier is bipedal again so....

Back