'Matchless Fighter' Revealed as March's Japanese Set!

Rocket The Shellos

Aspiring Trainer
somewhere between 79 g-slowking v FA and 83 avery FA there's an extra card, the shiny SR Pokemon would also be #91 so snorlax is pushed out by 2

you dont think there might be alt art FAs of klara/avery in the dojo/training gear?

edit: rainbow rares are also pushed out by 2 so theres definitely additional FA supporters

Last edited:

Rocket The Shellos

Aspiring Trainer
i think there will only be 3 SR energy this set, fighting obviously one of them, i think dark will be one of the other and maybe fire for blaziken. the next set will have water and psychic for calyrex i think

Rocket The Shellos

Aspiring Trainer
heads up brawly is 84, hes in the wrong spot

also it does look like we're getting alt art karen/brawly?

edit: alt art slowking v, alt art blaziken vmax? interesting

FireLizard

A man who knows nothing about proportions.
Hold up,they're not gonna release SR cards of G-Slowking VMAX and Blaziken V?

Ilexon

Aspiring Trainer
The Galarian Slowking V alternate art looks really good! I like the Blaziken vmax one as well but the thick lines on the Blaziken make it look really close up rather than big compared to the other pokemon there. It'll probably look a bit better when there's a higher quality photo though.

N's Rhyperior

Aspiring Trainer
Not the fan of higher rarity cards, but the SR Energy is a sign that there will be more SR Energy to come, if the SM one wasn't expensive enough.

Oddish22

Aspiring Trainer
26 secret rares. The Japanese sets become what the English one have become.
So you might need to open 50+ boxes to even have a small chance to complete the set.
It is really tempting to open a box or 2, because there are 6 cards I would really like to have and not 1-3 like usually. But spending $200 (=2 boxes) just to have a chance is too expensive.

Rocket The Shellos

Aspiring Trainer
i think we'll eventually get enough to finish the set, water and psychic in the calyrex sets, steel in the duraludon set, two unknown ones in the eevee and rayquaza sets, then two more further down the line

considering that chilling reign will be made up of 3 different sets with 70+ cards each and over 60 full arts/secret rares i wouldnt be surprised if a bunch of it gets split off into another bonus set. i think tpci should honestly just try and 1:1 copy the japanese structure already, theyre putting out too many cards to cram into 4 or 5 sets a year

Malavok

Aspiring Trainer
Except for the birds and Blaziken, the rest is pretty underwhelming, visually speaking... Not enough for me to buy this set (haven't bought anything since Tag All Stars). Do we really need *more* SR gold energies? How are these different from the ones in S/M?

don()shinobi

PokeBeach's Yu-Gi-Oh enthusiast. I guess.
The accident wasn't so kind to Brawly. But he made the best of his 3 additional arms.

Dino740

Aspiring Trainer
I know that this might be known already but I'm glad that Battle Styles is not going to be the only set with Single Strike and Rapid Strike Style cards. The Pokemon Company did state that it was only introducing the mechanic just glad that it's appearing in future sets.