McDonalds Pokemon Promotion Coming to the U.S. Again in May / June [4/25]

I love the artwork for fletchling and honedge! But furfrou's front leg looks really disturbing in that pose.
I wish McDonalds here was cool enough to sell pokemon toys and cards!

Hm, don't they have healthier options for Happy Meals nowadays?

Anyway, the toys are pictured on the McDonald's website. Look a bit lame if they're just stands with random colors...

Screenshot5.png~original

Wow those toys look like a let-down at first glance. I'd expect that from Burger King as they had that style during there run at the end. But even those stands had some variety to them with a plush here and there. I wonder if it has something to do with the TOMY license though. I have a feeling there's more to Happy Meal toy decisions that goes on behind the scenes depending on who the current company is who makes toys for retail..

Be nicer IMHO if they were in wrapped packs instead with say 6 cards in each

or if you just pay a higher price for all the cards in a special box or wrapper or something

Release these cards in EU too, pliss TPCi

OR IN NORWAY EVEN, We didn't get last mcdonalds promotional cards. heck, we don't even get the new DS Event downloads

Oh my gosh, May 23, mark your calendars! Yeah, I am slightly disappointed that the toys weren't figures like the last promotion in 2012, but hey, I'll take 'em! And there's 12 of them! I wonder how they're going to sell all of them, 4 specific ones per week or any at random? It would be a nice change of pace for them to sell all of them at random instead of all stores following the same schedule.
Another thing that would be very nice is if a specific toy came with a specific card, like if Pikachu only had a Pikachu card. That way you wouldn't have to get a million toys you already had to get all the cards.

The toys look a little disappointing but I got the other McDonald's toys in the past with sets of cards and have fond memories of the Burger King toys back in the day so I'll tough it out and get these as well.

dmaster out.

SkyeVictini said:
Oh my gosh, May 23, mark your calendars! Yeah, I am slightly disappointed that the toys weren't figures like the last promotion in 2012, but hey, I'll take 'em! And there's 12 of them! I wonder how they're going to sell all of them, 4 specific ones per week or any at random? It would be a nice change of pace for them to sell all of them at random instead of all stores following the same schedule.
Another thing that would be very nice is if a specific toy came with a specific card, like if Pikachu only had a Pikachu card. That way you wouldn't have to get a million toys you already had to get all the cards.
Some McDonalds will bring out future toys if you ask. I got the entire set during the first week during the first Pokemon BW promotion. They even let me paw through them until I got one of each card.

Tash said:
Some McDonalds will bring out future toys if you ask. I got the entire set during the first week during the first Pokemon BW promotion. They even let me paw through them until I got one of each card.

Yeah, I haven't been that lucky. Pretty much all the McDonald's in my area only had two specific toys each week. :(

Even though I'm 17 I still like kids meals more than adult meals. I prefer the older Pokémon toys from Burger King because there was more variety but this is okay.

I didn't know Canada would differ from the USA in terms of happy meal toys. What a shame. Fifa...pfft this is Canada, at least give us NHL themed toys.

i love this forum but I don't understand why the OP (Original Poster, in this case a Mod) doesn't add an article or a set of images to the thread so we know what we are discussing... No offense at all to the Mods here but when all you say is "Discuss!" and you don't put a link or an imageset or an article or a block of text.... how in the world are we to know what we are discussing :)

For example, why not make a thread that looks like:

McDonalds Pokemon Promotion 2014 Hits Restaurants Today, 5-23-2014

8ec4c7a1eda8a0bd0e4d89baab85599c1398719826_full.jpg

Get them while you can, and feel free to post images and information below!

See what I mean? We now know what you are talking about.

I often write articles for GGD this way, like this one, just as an example, I wrote this a couple weeks ago:
http://gagadaily.com/index.php/topic/103487-lady-gaga-for-versace-studsladies-collection-and-update/ and as you can see, the thread inspired the rest of the discussion.

Sorry to critize.. it's just i had to google the Mcdonalds 2014 pokemon campaign to even know what you were talking about <3

Lovely shots of the toys!

tumblr_n61wlyP78d1seys6io1_1280.jpg

Added spoiler tags for overly large image ~Athena

The name of this forum is "Front Page News" which means that all of the discussion threads created here are based on stories posted to the front page of this website. To read the article in question, all you need to do is click on the Staryu shortcut link in the upper right next to the Twitter and Facebook links, or manually type in the homepage url, pokebeach.com. While most threads in other forums on PokéBeach do contain more detailed opening posts, the Front Page News section is entirely decided to news posted on the front page, so it is expected that people have read (or will read) the news there. Hopefully this is helpful to you in the future. :)

Back